A fast and fun way to learn piano - works with any piano or keyboard
Simply Piano is a fast and fun way to learn piano, from beginner to pro. Works with any piano or keyboard. Chosen as one of the best iPhone apps.
- Tons of fun songs like Imagine, Chandelier, All Of Me and Counting Stars, also J.S. Bach
- Includes courses for different musical tastes and playing levels
- Learn the basics step-by-step from reading sheet music to playing with both hands
- Slow down library songs to choose your own pace for easy learning
- Personalized 5-Min Workouts ensuring you progress fast and always succeed
- Suitable for all ages, no previous knowledge required to learn piano
No Piano? Try the Touch Courses with 3D Touch to turn your device into an on-screen keyboard!
How it works:
- Place your device (iPhone/iPad/iPod) on your acoustic/MIDI piano or keyboard and play; the app will immediately recognize what you are playing
- Get instant feedback on your playing to quickly learn and improve your piano skills
- Discover the magic of music with fun songs in the Library and complete courses to start sounding like a pro
How the Subscription Works:
- All app users can play two free courses. Upgrade to a premium subscription package at any time.
- Subscribers will receive full access to ALL courses. New courses and songs added every month!
- All recurring subscriptions will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the cost of the chosen package.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Your subscription is for your iTunes account and can be used on your iOS device.
- Payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
Simply Piano is developed by JoyTunes, creators of award-winning apps Piano Maestro and Piano Dust Buster. Created by music educators, the apps are used by tens of thousands of music teachers worldwide with over 1 million songs learned every week. JoyTunes are experts in creating educational and fun music apps for learning piano quickly and easily.
Awards & Recognition -
- "EMI’s Innovation Challenge”
- "World Summit Award", by the United Nations
- “Best Tools for Beginners”, NAMM
- "Best Tablet Game", GameIS
- “Parents' Choice Award”
- “Golden App”, Apps for Homeschooling
Have questions, feedback or suggestions? Reach out to us at email@example.com
Just like a piano, the app needed some tuning. We fixed some pesky bugs so it should B sharp now.
Keep your feedback coming! Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our friendly bunch will get back to you.
Ratings and Reviews
You’ve always promised yourself you’ll learn how to play piano one day. How about today? No need to hook up a special keyboard: Simply Piano listens to what you’re playing on any keyboard or piano—or lets you use an onscreen one. Within minutes you’ll start reading music, and soon you’ll be playing along with familiar songs and adopting good habits. Even if you’ve never touched a keyboard in your life, Simply Piano makes it easy to learn.
I can’t say how much I love this app!
I took some piano lessons as a kid and played for a few years. But I was never excited nor did I practice much. And, honestly wasn’t very good to at playing the piano. Forward 35 years (in the midst of Covid 19), I had an intense desire to play the piano. And I had the time to learn and practice! I purchased an electric piano online and downloaded Simply Piano. I realized as I went though lessons that I was relearning everything. And they do such a nice job of keeping me engaged. I was enjoying it! So much that I started to look forward to learning new lessons, which opened up more music to practice and etc. As much as I love classical music, learning and practicing modern songs that I quite well has been really fun. I can’t wait to learn the next set. And I can’t wait to get further along in the lessons to play more complex versions. The app isn’t perfect, sometimes I get frustrated when the app dings me for playing the wrong chord or tempo- when I am sure I didn’t. And it takes forever to get through it. But at the same time I guess I am getting practice... With that said, I do miss having real time feedback from a piano teacher and hope to hire one when it’s safe to do so! But bottom line is that even though the app does have an expensive subscription fee, I think it’s absolutely worth every penny. Thanks for helping me find my passion in piano!
Affordable and interactive!
Although I really don’t like all of the songs offered (because my children shouldn’t listen to some of them) I do admit this app has been really great for me personally. I was about to hire a piano teacher and found out it was $50 per session for my little family. If I would have gone through with it, would have been $1200 per year for 2 sessions per month. I came across simply piano randomly while looking for piano lessons online, and after session 1 I decided $150 was way better than $1200. Best part is that after I learn something I can practice what I learn with my children and they in turn can start their practicing on the app separately from mine. If you add up the costs this app is 100% worth it. I do wish they offered more child friendly or non lyrical songs on here. It would be nice to have a choice to learn more classical music vs modern, I’m a woman of faith so it’s hard to listen to some of that stuff. I just turn down the volume and go for it though just to get through. Hoping in the future they are able to offer different options for those who don’t like that music in their home. Modern or Classical options please!
I keep reading reviews that comment everything’s expensive for subscription- please read my review again. An actual teacher costs far more!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 440.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 JoyTunes
- In-App Purchases
- 12 months Premium with trial $119.99
- 12 months Premium with trial $149.99
- 12 months Premium with trial $119.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.