Simply Piano is a fast and fun way to learn piano, from beginner to pro. Works with any piano or keyboard. Chosen as one of the best iPhone apps.
- Tons of fun songs like Imagine, Chandelier, All Of Me and Counting Stars, also J.S. Bach
- Includes courses for different musical tastes and playing levels
- Learn the basics step-by-step from reading sheet music to playing with both hands
- Slow down library songs to choose your own pace for easy learning
- Personalized 5-Min Workouts ensuring you progress fast and always succeed
- Suitable for all ages, no previous knowledge required to learn piano
No Piano? Try the Touch Courses with 3D Touch to turn your device into an on-screen keyboard!
How it works:
- Place your device (iPhone/iPad/iPod) on your acoustic/MIDI piano or keyboard and play; the app will immediately recognize what you are playing
- Get instant feedback on your playing to quickly learn and improve your piano skills
- Discover the magic of music with fun songs in the Library and complete courses to start sounding like a pro
How the Subscription Works:
- All app users can play two free courses. Upgrade to a premium subscription package at any time.
- Subscribers will receive full access to ALL courses. New courses and songs added every month!
- All recurring subscriptions will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the cost of the chosen package.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Your subscription is for your iTunes account and can be used on your iOS device.
- Payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
Choose from one of the following subscription options:
- 3 months recurring subscription for $59.99 (USD)
- 6 months recurring subscription for $89.99 (USD)
- Yearly recurring subscription for $119.99 (USD)
Simply Piano is developed by JoyTunes, creators of award-winning apps Piano Maestro and Piano Dust Buster. Created by music educators, the apps are used by tens of thousands of music teachers worldwide with over 1 million songs learned every week. JoyTunes are experts in creating educational and fun music apps for learning piano quickly and easily.
Awards & Recognition -
- "EMI’s Innovation Challenge”
- "World Summit Award", by the United Nations
- “Best Tools for Beginners”, NAMM
- "Best Tablet Game", GameIS
- “Parents' Choice Award”
- “Golden App”, Apps for Homeschooling
Have questions, feedback or suggestions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Just like a piano, the app needed some tuning. We fixed some pesky bugs so it should B sharp now.
Keep your feedback coming! Write us at email@example.com and one of our friendly bunch will get back to you.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
You’ve always promised yourself you’ll learn how to play piano one day. How about today? No need to hook up a special keyboard: Simply Piano listens to what you’re playing on any keyboard or piano—or lets you use an onscreen one. Within minutes you’ll start reading music, and soon you’ll be playing along with familiar songs and adopting good habits. Even if you’ve never touched a keyboard in your life, Simply Piano makes it easy to learn.
No Regret At All (Really Great App)
Technically, I would just rated 4 stars for this app since there is always room for improvement. However, I rated it 5 stars for a very personal reason. I learned to play piano on and off throughout my childhood but gave it up during my mid teen. Thinking I will never be able to play perfectly, I even began to hate the instrument since it kept reminding me that I have no musical talent. I even tried to avoid anyone who can play like my friends and cousins (when they play). However, I have come to realise that nothing is actually stopping me from finding musical talent but myself. So now almost 28, I decided to start again through this app. I initially hesitated due to the price and that often times, subscriptions are hard to cancel. But surprisingly, I have come to love it. Now playing it almost everyday whenever I can, the house is filled with simple melodies. I don’t mind not becoming professional as long as I can play for my parents, especially my father. He has always hoped that one day, his children will touch the keys again. I recommend this to anyone who are struggling to reconcile with piano and music. Keep the app running for old iOS please!! Some of us still use old iPads. ❤️🙏🏻
I like the app but doesn’t work sometimes..
The app is helpful and easy to understand. Which I do like, however, the app detects I’m playing a whole different key. It is hard to learn the piano on this app when it is saying you are playing a key wrong. I’ve learned a lot from this app but it is frustrating I have to play the key multiple times to move on. I’ve studied each key, to make sure it wasn’t me playing the wrong key, but it wasn’t. On the bottom of the screen it shows the keyboard, and when you play a key it shows which one you are playing, so when i play the key it wants me to play, it says I’m playing a different one. And to move on, I have to play a key that isn’t required. But on the bottom of the screen It says I’m playing the correct key. to play, I either, play the wrong key and it moves me on, or keep playing the right key over, and over, again and then it moves me on. Sometimes it doesn’t even move me on so I HAVE to play the incorrect key. So this will not help me become a better pianist by telling me the correct key is the wrong key, and the wrong key is the correct key. So I think they should fix that. But other than that it’s is a nice app. It is helpful other than the wrong key thing. It’s easy to understand which is great for young kids who want to learn by them self, like myself.
But I really hope they fix that so I can give them a way better rating. If this wasn’t a problem I would give them a 5/5.
Developer Response ,
So sorry for this issue. This occurs when your piano is not tuned to A4=440hz (concert pitch). If you adjust the tuning on your piano, this should solve the problem. Please let us know if this works for you!
- 457.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 JoyTunes
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Access $119.99
- Full Access $119.99
- Premium Access (12 Months) $95.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.