9/10 Eurogamer --- Game of the Week - “Perhaps the most visually stunning shooter ever made”
9/10 IGN --- “Everything fans expect is here in Sine Mora.” 8.5/10 Gamespot --- “One of the best XBLA titles this year.”
9.5/10 Destructoid --- "One of the most aesthetically-pleasing, fun, and thought-provoking games to come out in some time."
91/100 GameTrailers --- "Sine Mora's unforgettable mechanics and presentation bring the genre kicking and screaming back into the spotlight."
After conquering PC, XBLA and PS3, the cult classic shoot'em up has finally arrived to iOS! Fusing frantic, innovative gameplay from Digital Reality with stunning graphical design from Grasshopper Manufacture, Sine Mora set a new high standard for shmups and gained widespread acclaim. Strap yourself in and get ready for a breathtaking adventure!
Sine Mora is a horizontal shoot'em up that provides a unique take on challenge, where time is the ultimate factor. Mixing classic shooter sensibilities with contemporary presentation, Sine Mora is a gorgeous shoot'em up that offers a Story Mode that weaves an over-the-top tale and an Arcade Mode that provides deep, satisfying gameplay to challenge fans of the genre. With many ways to manipulate time, Sine Mora features over 50 weapon combinations to complete each beautiful stage that form fits to the player's skills with scaling difficulty. Soundtrack composed by Akira Yamaoka and featuring boss designs by Mahiro Maeda.
- Engrossing story integrated seamlessly into the action to elevate the user experience
- Unique, time extension based gameplay
- 7 beautifully crafted, diverse stages
- Over 50 different weapon combinations with time manipulating devices
- Great accessibility
- Story Mode is tailored to not scare away absolute newcomers to the genre
- Risk and reward - multiple difficulty levels in Arcade Mode with deep scoring and hidden rank system for the more experienced players
- Music composed by Akira Yamaoka, Sound Director of Silent Hill and Shadows of the Damned - Featuring boss designs by Mahiro Maeda, one of the most prominent Japanese anime creators (Blue Submarine No. 6, The Animatrix - The Second Renaissance, Kill Bill: Vol. 1)
This version is not yet optimized for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and 4th generation iPod Touch! Running the game on these devices is not advised.
Ratings and Reviews
Sine Mora - iOS 9.3/iPhone 6S
When I first got this game, I had a 4th gen iPod Touch and an iPad 2. Since, I've sold my iPad and upgraded to an iPhone 5. Moving onto the smaller screen really hurt the amount of enjoyment I got out of the game. But now that I've upgraded to a 6S, I feel like the screen is big enough that I can actually dodge between bullets since they're spread out just a little bit more. That extra .7 inches really makes a difference in shmups. The game runs perfectly fine on my 6S with iOS 9.1.2 and 9.3 (if anyone out there is curious), and this is one of the most graphically intense shoot-em-ups you'll find in the AppStore (even with the diminished graphics compared to other platforms) - as well as one of the most full bodied and challenging. If you can deal with the bottom section of the screen being blocked for button control and don't have a 4 inch device, I'd totally recommend checking this one out, no matter the price (as it's full price of $6 is still almost 50% cheaper than on Steam).
The App Store listing for this title indicates it has been three years since it was last updated. Please update this game so that it is optimised for use on newer devices. It is/was an expensive app that many people would appreciate continued support for. Currently the gaming window only occupies a narrow portion of the screen and menus are all but unreadably small. Streamlining the user interface would also be helpful.
Great action, beautiful graphics, and even an intriguing story. And it works perfectly on iOS 9.3.
- www.handy-games.com GmbH
- 354.5 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Digital Reality
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.