Sit is a beautiful, simple, meditation timer, designed for everyone – beginner to expert.
* Set the Timer – Set any amount of time for your warmup period, main session, and cooldown period. To skip warmup or cooldown, leave just set it to zero.
* Visual Progress – Sit uses a fullscreen progress bar to show how far you are into your session. It resembles a glass filling with water.
* Record Your Thoughts – After your session, write an journal entry about what passed through your mind while you sat. Your entries are also available later for editing.
* Sit Has a Great Memory – Sit remembers your session from last time so your next session is as easy as opening Sit and pressing "Begin."
* Streaks and Past Sessions – Sit keeps track of every meditation session you've done and shows them in a log, along with your optional journal entries. Continuous days of practice are shown along the left side of the screen so you can keep track of streaks.
* iCloud Upload – All sessions, new and old will be uploaded to your iCloud account for backup (cross-device support, coming soon)
Special thanks to the San Francisco Zen Center for providing the singing bowl sounds that you will hear in the app.
New in 1.1:
- iCloud Sync - upload new and old sessions from Sit to your iCloud drive
- Streaks and Total Time Sat - see how long you've sat for using Sit in the top right corner of the Home view
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Lately there are problems
I love this app for its simplicity however in the past couple of months (new phone software? I’m not sure), when I make an entry in the journal it gets deleted when I close the app. I often have to rewrite it once or twice. Does t matter if I close the app or power off the phone. It happens either way. As I’m trying to create a more consistent meditation practice I’m trying to keep track of my thoughts and progress. It’s a real bummer when I don’t have the notes to reflect on.
Any thoughts on this? I would give it five stars otherwise.
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
Every meditation or timer app I've tried (and I've tried them all) is either oddly childish (really Headspace?), overly complicated, or just plain ugly. Seeing the sit icon on my screen alone calms me down.
Unless looking for a guided meditations (in which case I recommend 10% Happier for the Joseph Goldstein mini class and meditations), Sit is all you need. Lovely.
On a side note, I wish Zack would design a simple interval timer. I'm dying for a simple timer that plays a meditation bell at different intervals throughout the span of an hour.
Elegant — Watch app wanted
There's elegance in its simplicity. It's straightforward and functional. I've just began using it because all I need for meditation is a timer with gentle sounds.
However, I'd like an Apple Watch app. I'd honestly rather wear the Watch than have my phone — and all its potential distractions — laying in front of me.
Color themes could also be nice. I might go for moss green or stone brown over blue.
The developer, Zachary Shapiro, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Zachary Shapiro
- 21.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Zack Shapiro
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.