Welcome to Sit With Us!
Sit With Us is a social networking app designed to promote kindness and inclusion in schools. Kids can use the app’s features to coordinate lunches with their friends. They can also volunteer to be Ambassadors for their schools and post open lunch events on campus where everyone will be included. No one needs to eat alone!
Sit With Us was designed by a 16 year old girl who was a victim of severe bullying. It was terrible having to eat lunch alone every day, so her goal was to create an app to make sure that no kids felt like they had nowhere to go. So, Sit With Us was created! Inviting others to join the lunch table not only fosters a warmer, more welcome community, but also provides a great opportunity to make new friends.
Sign in via email or Facebook. Type in your school and address so that you can connect with fellow students. The app includes the following features:
• Create a personal profile, including your interests.
• Add friends, including a “favorite” list.
• Search for lunches nearby.
• Add a lunch and invite your friends to join.
• Decide if you want to be a Sit With Us Ambassador for your school, and take the Ambassador’s pledge. (More information on how to start an Ambassador’s Club is on our web site.)
• As an Ambassador, host open lunches from time to time that anyone can join.
• Send messages to your friends or create group chats.
• View your scheduled or past lunches.
• Notifications ensure that you won't miss any updates on lunch requests or friend requests.
• Message center, where you can see all of your chat history.
• Earn points by posting lunch, approving another's request, adding a friend, checking in a lunch, etc.
More information is on our website is http://sitwithus.io.
We'd like to hear your feedback. Feel free to email your suggestions to email@example.com.
Fixed the Google Place autocomplete issue.
Ratings and Reviews
Can we get a fix??
I really love this app and what it has done for the school but I realize I can not tap the notifications button if this could be fixed soon that would be great thank you
Single-handedly changed my life
One of the greatest issues I've had in high school is connecting with my classmates-- this is a problem that we have in society, but it gets augmented in schools because of immaturity and clique-culture. Sit With Us embodies how technology can be used to mend relations and foster connections, because now, I have the opportunity to learn better when I don't have to worry about social pressure.
The first bullying prevention app that actually works
I can't recommend Sit With Us enough. Designed with a simple but elegant purpose in mind, the app empowers student leaders to create change in their schools one lunch at a time. It's easy to implement and facilitates important, life-saving connections between bullied students and those willing to help. A brilliant app that creates a logical and actionable solution for the bullying crisis. 10/10
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.