SITE ASSESS is a free, secure mobile application (app) designed specifically for education agencies allows personnel to walk around buildings and grounds and examine their safety, security, accessibility, and emergency preparedness. Users select whether they are conducting a site assessment at a K-12 school or institution of higher education (IHE) and are directed to the section that is optimized for that setting according to its unique characteristics. This site assessment app generates a customized to-do list that may be used in the short term and long term to address facility improvements, prompts teams to share pertinent information with first responders, and contains relevant resources on several education facility and preparedness topics. The Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center, administered by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Safe and Healthy Students, developed SITE ASSESS to do the following:
- Store images directly within the app;
- Provide critical information about potential threats and hazards, which may be used by the planning team as they develop the site’s emergency operations plan;
- Allow teams to add customized questions to and delete preloaded questions from the site assessment for their use, taking into account state and local requirements;
- Export data into a Word document or Excel worksheet for data aggregation and analysis and/or recordkeeping;
- Equip practitioners with information and knowledge about fundamental site assessment topics, such as Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) and universal design;
- Collect information that will aid IHE personnel with fulfilling Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act requirements; and
- Complement and support mitigation, prevention, protection, recovery, and response activities.
Neither the REMS TA Center nor the U.S. Department of Education will see, collect, or store any data users enter into SITE ASSESS, besides the basic contact information that is collected upon initial registration. Any and all information entered into the mobile app is stored on the mobile device and not on the REMS TA Center’s or U.S. Department of Education’s Website or server. As such, the U.S. Department of Education and the REMS TA Center are not responsible for any damages resulting from the loss or theft of that information. Please note that certain optional mobile app features may transmit data.
Adds the capability for institutions of higher education to conduct a site assessment of multiple buildings and grounds on their campus.
Fixes data import issue.
Ratings and Reviews
Comprehensive tool for site audits.
I’ve found this tool extremely useful and necessary to produce up to date site audits, it covers almost all the fundamental topics with an option to add custom school specific questions.
I particularly love the feature that lets me take pictures of areas in question and have them displayed seamlessly in place. I can then export my entire work to a word document for further editing and sharing.
Thanks for developing this!
This app was part of a threat assessment training. The app organizes observations and topics to consider. It also allows to customize the questions for the type of facility you are in.
Won’t start acessments
Trying to start new assessments no longer works. Says “table assessments has no column for building”, then does nothing.
- REMS TA Center
- 42.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- 2018 © United States Department of Education
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.