Developed by 3D4Medical in collaboration with Stanford University School of Medicine.
This is a major upgrade and contains 94 movement animations, 596 audio pronunciations and color mapping of the skull and pelvis bones.
For a 2 minute overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/skeletal_pro.php
Skeleton System Pro III contains hundreds of improvements - here are a few:
• 360 horizontal degree rotation of any body part - all easily controlled with your mouse.
• Rotate vertically for inferior and superior views (where applicable) - with the swipe of your mouse.
• 94 animations of every movement of each articulation (e.g. flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, etc.).
• 2 types of Quiz, Drag and Drop and Multi-choice.
• 596 audio pronunciations, for every label.
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
• Color mapping of the skull and pelvis bones.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Full Screen Mode: One click and the app fills the screen.
• Interface: Completely rebuilt to allow for simple navigation.
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double-click to Zoom: Zoom in to and identify any region, bone, skeletal area or ligament by double-clicking on the screen.
• Super Zoom and Pan: When zoomed in to an area, you can double-click again for a super zoom. To move the image, just press and hold your right-click button.
• Use your mouse to Cut: Slice skeletal areas for a coronal, sagittal or transverse cut view (where applicable) - use hints to learn how.
• Press the Scalpel: To add or remove up to 4 layers of connective tissue.
• Pins appear in both English and Latin.
• Double-click again for additional Zooming: Useful when there are multiple pins.
• Customize Pins: Add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Customize the App: Using the settings function the user can choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses etc.
Skeleton System Pro III - includes the most in depth 3D skeleton ever developed, the ability to rotate, cut and get superior/inferior views all with simple movements of the mouse.
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select an item and the app will automatically zoom in and identify it.
Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, allowing them to visually show detailed areas of the skeletal system to their patients or students - helping to educate or explain conditions, ailments and injuries.
Ratings and Reviews
Great visuals / weak navigation
The clarity upon the bones, especially zoomed-in is wonderful, as are the soft-tissue attachments, but try increasing the window size and you'll find nothing but frustration. The rotation has a serious lag, and you're limited to fixed windows of vision. Ideally, I need to be able to create a marquee window of any size on the mini model and see the blow-up in the big screen (which I should be able to increase the size of, but can't). I want to love this program, but can't until these things get fixed.
* for reference, I'm using an iMac
Everytime i think im done with the skeletal system it haunts me. I have a human atlas; however, the skeletal system app allows me to see all features of the bones which is required for med school, pre-med, etc. Im very glad i got this, worth every penny. If you are planning to go the medicinal route, you wont regret getting this.
Limited rotation, clunky interaction
This appears to be a hasty port of an iOS app. There are basically no menu commands, and all the commands are on the main or auxiliary window as buttons and such. It only allows viewing from the side, or above/below. In side view, you can rotate the skeleton, but it seems to just start spinning most of the time rather than going to where I want it. In above/below views, there is no rotation. Zooming involves double-clicking or right double-clicking instead of using familiar pinch gestures or keyboard shortcuts.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 534.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.8 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2012 3D4Medical.com LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.