SketchClub not only gives you fantastic tools to sketch, draw, doodle, paint, and edit photos but also helps motivate you to keep creating! Check out the community where there’s a new drawing challenge every day, along with regular competitions and even co-ops where you can pick up where another artist left off. Don’t sketch alone, join us today!
• Brush, Blur, Eraser, Fill, Pen, Pixels, Procedural, Select, Smudge, Text, and Vector tools
• Hundreds of Layers with configurable blending, naming, and color tagging
• Create your own comics and manga with the Pen and Text tools
• Layer filters for color adjust, blurs, edges, noise, vignette and more
• Layer transform with skew, shear, perspective, and tiling
• Super fast brush and compositing engine
• Up to 16K canvas size with presets including standard 300 DPI print sizes
• Line, circle, square, and triangle shapes with automatic aspect ratio snapping
• Horizontal, vertical, and dual mirroring modes
• Canvas recording and export in full 1080 HD
• Background autosave and persistent undo history
• Universal binary supports both iPhones and iPads
• 10 years running of continuous updates and improvements!
• Brushes with high resolution shapes, pattern textures, and input curves
• Loads of built in tool presets plus thousands more from the community
• Export sketches and presets to iCloud, Dropbox, Email and more
• Create and share custom brush presets in community library
• Pen tool presets include calligraphy, fountain pen, gel pen, and more
• Pen and Vector tools include simplify for smooth lines even with shaky hands
• Create smooth filled shapes and gradient with Vector
• Procedural Sketchy and Smooth for amazing fast results
• Procedural Bristles for realistic oil paint simulation
• Animated GIF export
• Configurable color themes to make Sketch Club uniquely yours
• Customizable shortcut bar for single tap access to your favorite functionality
• Popup quick color swatch and size and opacity controls
• Floating reference image with color sampling
• New challenge every day and new competition every week!
• Massive library of shared brushes, templates, and textures
• Live stream and chat for feedback and fun while you draw
• Learn through tutorials, speed painting videos, and live classes
• Follow other artists and gain fans as you share your creations
• Community whiteboard with realtime collaborative drawing and fun events
• Annual awards honoring the best creations every year
FOR THE PROS
• Excellent iPad Pro and Apple Pencil support
• PSD file format export
• RGB and hexadecimal color inputs
• Bluetooth stylus support for Adonit, Hex3, Pogo, SonarPen, and Wacom
• Screen mirroring modes for presentations and demos
• Draw in Multiply, Normal, Overlay, and Screen brush blend modes
• Input curves with angle, distance, fade, pressure, random, speed tilt, and time
What are you waiting for, create with us in SketchClub today!
BRUSH TOOL UPGRADES!
- Tags! Organize your growing collection of brush presets using tags! Tap the "all" tag at the top of Brush settings and choose one of the tags to filter by. Add tags to your own brushes on the General tab.
- Color mixing! Your brush strokes can mix with the colors already on the canvas for cool wet paint and water color effects! Mimic the look of real world materials or achieve interactions only possible within the digital universe!
- Tabs! There are so many new settings and functions that brush settings have now been split and organized into convenient tabs for controlling the Stroke, Shape, Texture, Blend, and General parameters.
- Textures! Brush pattern textures upgraded and enhanced with many new parameters and blend modes! Use Moving mode to roll the texture along your stroke or Static to affix the texture to your canvas. Tap the texture slot for many new options like Edit with the ability to automatically make any image seamless, Library to quickly choose a texture from another brush, Selection to grab a texture from part of your canvas, and more! Quick parameters to invert the texture or adjust its brightness and contrast.
- Correction and Smoothing! Keep your brush strokes smooth even with a wobbly hand.
- Color jitter! Automatically vary your colors each stroke, each stamp, or smoothly across the canvas.
- Blending! Brush strokes can be combined with the canvas with 20 different blend modes. A Glaze setting now allows control over the stroke blending all at once or over time as you stroke.
- Custom icons! Under the General tab you can choose a custom icon image for your preset instead of the shape image being used. Many built-in presets use this functionality to help presets stand out in grid view.
- Tilt fading! This makes use of the Apple Pencil tilt sensors and when the setting is cranked up it fades out the stroke away from the Apple Pencil tip. This gives a hard edge at the tip that fades away under the pencil in the orientation you're holding it.
- Shape Scatter settings for all directions (jitter in every direction or only perpendicular to stroke) and gaussian distribution (jitter evenly or more concentrated near the center stroke line)
- Parameter input curves have been upgraded with improved interpolation and added curves for texture, texture movement, paint release, and paint carry
- Quick help! Tap the ? symbols in the Brush settings for more information on what different parameters do.
NEW BRUSH PRESETS
- #fx: Droplets, Neon Pen, Bokeh, Bokeh Hearts, Light Flare, Light Sparkle, Stardust
- #ink: Old Ink Brush, Taper Effect
- #paint: Chunky Watercolor, Eywa, Finger Painting, Greasy Oil, Slime, Wet Acrylic, Wet Paint
- #sketch: Charcoal pencil
- #texture: Dots, Grid, Ground, Halftone, Isometric Grid,
- Plus updates and tweaks to lots of existing presets!
- Welcome screens! When running SketchClub for the first time a series of welcome screens introduce the major areas and functions of the app to help new users find their way around.
- Improved animated GIF export for higher quality and faster export speed
- Procedural tool's Bristle Brush has new mixing mode: Pigment
- When you load a Reference Image you will now find a special color swatch in the color panel at the top under the automatic Recent swatch. The new Reference swatch picks 16 of the most prominent colors from your reference image automatically for you!
- Reference image can now be quickly single tapped to sample a color as an alternative to long pressing
- You can now add the Eye dropper for color sampling to the shortcut bar
- Push notifications when someone you are a fan of in the community uploads a new sketch now include an image preview!
- Lots of other small enhancements and bug fixes! Thanks always for your feedback and requests!
Enjoy these upgrades and want more? Please leave a rating and review in the App Store! It's great encouragement and helps more people find the app
Ratings and Reviews
Love it always because there's so much you can do with it. And there are frequent updates. And the developers care about the app and their customers. So, five stars and a big thank you to all of the developers!
Just a note:
Hopefully, there will not be a subscription in the future. But these days it's difficult to find any app without one. Instead, I'd rather have a Tip Jar, so anyone can give if they can afford it. I would give. Some can not afford a subscription. And for those who love an app, but can not afford a subscription, and do not use that app as often as others do, their subscription fee should be less. I personally do not think it's fair that everyone has to pay a lot of money for an app they love if they do not use it too often, or if they have less data on their cloud, or device. But I guess everything is a give and take, and the company needs the funds to keep going. I think that in the future, our subscriptions will be bunched together and we will be paying one total fee for all the apps we use. But who knows?
Make own brush
Share brush you made
Transform in more than make smaller or larger
Live stream art
(Optional) daily challanges
Export as photoshop document (can also open them too if memory serves)
Ive had this app for around 7 years now (according to my profile) and have found it to be wonderful. You can do so much with this. Want to change a square to a slanted one? Use transform, you can warp the edges, want to make your own brush? You can, and can change much things about it, and even share it with the community. Want to create an speed paint? They have it too, it records and you choose the music and speed. Want to life stream you drawing real time? They have that (though its sketch club only live stream as far as i know of, its still neat). They have so much more to offer than what i highlighted, i highly recommend it. They have an animation option, but as of now its a bit buggy and im not too much of a fan, but other than that its great. The community is also nice. One last thing id like to highlight is real time stats, want to know how many times you hit undo in a drawing? Well its on there, want to know what type of device it was drawn on, its on there (ex iphone 6) I originally found out about this app from a long dead (app and community) once called spray can. It came recommended when it was in the process of dieing and i thought id give it a try since everyone else was moving here, i dont regret it.
My "Go To" App on iPhone for quick or serious sketches!
Quick, responsive, advanced features, high-resolution capable, layers, deep zooming, lots of brushes. If it's missing anything, I seriously cannot think of what that might be! (Maybe a better gradient tool, one that creates a gradient between any two colors, not just one color and transparency; and a vector tool dad can draw straight lined shapes easier).
As a professional digital artist, I've used this app on my iPhone exclusively for some paid jobs, where before I'd always need Painter and/or Photoshop on my desktop. It literally replaces thousands of dollars of high-end software on my computer. Sure, I still need those for very advanced apps, but it's amazing what I can accomplish... effortlessly... with one finger on my iPhone, and this app, with the essential features I usually need.
I usually don't write reviews, but felt compelled. I've literally tried dozens and dozens of art/drawing apps, this has to be my favorite.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jim Scott
- 53.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Jim Scott
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.