SketchMee Pro is the most advanced automatic pencil sketch generator in the world, but very easy to use and super fast. Sketches are actually drawn, stroke by stroke, on a blank paper.
SketchMee (the basic version) was selected by Apple as a main front page feature app in Mac App Store, March 2011.
Note: If you don't require the pro features listed at the end, get the basic version instead as it's considerably lower priced!
The successful SketchMee apps for iPhone and iPad have redefined what's possible to achieve in computer generated art with just a few taps, leaving even desktop computer software behind. Until now, that is.
SketchMee on a Mac brings the technology to a whole new level. The extra processing power enables the algorithms to shift into higher gears and generate new and incredible results. What became possible surprised even ourselves during development!
EASY TO USE
All you need to do is to open an image file. It is then automatically processed with the great default settings. Then just save the result!
The somewhat more advanced user may want to change some settings in the control panel. A small number of well balanced, very powerful controls are available for you to try out. And should you ever get lost, you can always restore the defaults settings.
If you want to use only a part the input image, just click "Crop Input…", select a width-to-height ratio, zoom, pan, and crop. Reset crop at any time to restore the original input image.
Traditional image filters just produce an image the same size as the input, but not SketchMee: A sketch is made up of thousands of mathematically defined pencil strokes, layered in clever ways to achieve the correct amount of shading in every part of the image. This powerful approach enables some unique features:
• Regardless of the size of your input image, your sketch can be saved as a 128 megapixel, perfectly sharp, high quality image, fit for any use.
• Even if you crop your sketch heavily (click "Crop Output…"), you can save the remaining sketch fragment as a sharp, full resolution, 128 megapixel image.
• Zoom in as deep as you like to inspect the strokes. They appear perfectly crisp at any zoom level.
SketchMee performs the highly complex processing in parallel, making full use of every processor core in your Mac. Both when analyzing the input images and when rendering the finished sketches to screen at any zoom level, all to keep waiting times at a minimum. Processing is often finished in seconds!
Compared to the basic SketchMee version, SketchMee Pro enables a range of *very* powerful features:
• Export any sketch razor sharp in sizes up to 128 megapixels. (Compared to 16 megapixels in basic version.)
• Layered Photoshop PSD export for endless creative possibilities. Have each pencil stroke layer isolated on a separate photoshop layer with transparent background.
• PDF export. World unique feature: export infinite resolution vector sketches! Fully editable in vector drawing applications like Adobe Illustrator.
• PNG export. Perfect quality, losslessly compressed images.
• Export only the strokes, using transparent "paper" (for PNG and PDF). Dramatically simplifies overlaying sketches onto your own backgrounds after export.
• Adds "Highest" to the "Detail" menu. Enables a mode of extremely high sketch detail.
• Adds "Hardest" to the grayscale "Stroke Style" menu. This mode guarantees every stroke to be purely black or white.
- Fixed a bug which could freeze app during fast settings changes.
Ratings and Reviews
Sweet application for artistic images
What's not obvious is that this sketcher is not simulating the effect, it's actually doing the sketching. This means that you can produce good looking sketches that are larger than your originals.
What I find maddenly frustrating is that you can't save the image at a size you want, but only from a collection of drop-down sizes. Thus, when you resize in another application, you lose all the wonderful little details the app generated.
Walt Is Right, Except for One Thing!
You can specify any size you want to maintain details perfectly. This is vector art. All you need do is Save in PDF format! Depending on what you need a specific size for, you may simply be able to import the art into any page layout application that accepts PDF format image files. Not a tiny detail is lost. I hope this helps Walt with his one frustration. I don't see any limitations in SketchMee Pro unless it's having only 20 presets. May we have at least 50 in the next version? They are so great for batch processing! I have done an entire wedding reception with SketchMee Pro, giving the happy couple both the original shots, color and grayscale drawings...Need I say more?
If you just want your final artwork to be loose art for printing directly to an inket printer, simply open the PDF in any vector drawing program that recognizes PDFs. The major products all recognize PDFs. To keep your details, simply select all, size down (make sure you have line weights selected to resize), by specifying your new dimensions and the resolution you need for output, and you're set. It's fast! You do not have to leave your final image format as PDF, but whatever your preference is.
If you want to actually give the appearance of increasing your level of detail, and are sizing up, leave the line weights UNchecked and change your dimensions, and set your resolution...the image gets bigger and the line weights will not look any heavier!
Anyone conversant with vector art programs will see the potential for making alterations globally or locally if the creative urge strikes.
THIS IS MY GO TO APP FOR ALL IMAGE MANIPULATION. SketchMee Pro just ROCKS! I am still learning new tricks and look forward to any updates.
Thanks, guys, for one amazing app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.