“SketchTime simplifies sketching down to its essence” - Apple Inc.
“If you are looking for a way to just draw without all of the complicated art accoutrements, SketchTime may be the answer.” - AppAdvice
“It lets me do very nice quick sketches without having to think about the tools all the time.” - User
Sketching like it should be. Simple! Fast! Fun!
If you love sketching but dislike cluttered, complicated UI and too many option to set, SketchTime is your best choice.
SketchTime is totally optimized for quick sketches and tracing photos. It's like opening up a sketch pad, picking your favorite pen and just letting the sketches flow. Or you can trace your photos just like with tracing paper, only easier and faster.
Straightforward & Streamlined UI
• Simple, uncluttered and elegant user interface
• All the essential tools right at your fingertips
• Quick selection of pen size and color
Lifelike Pen & Paper
• Realistic and fast pen strokes like gel ink pens
• Photorealistic paper
• Pen/Marker/Eraser with various color & size
• Easily trace photos with adjustable transparency
• Import photos with various options (rotation, fill/fit to screen, color/b&w)
• Extremely responsive two finger zooming and panning
• Sit back and watch your sketches smoothly play back
• Twitter, Facebook and Email directly from SketchTime
• Various export options (rotation, transparent background)
• High resolution export (iPhone4: 1000x1500, iPhone5: 1000x1778, iPad: 1200x1600, iPad3: 2400x3200)
Extra Stuff You'll Love
• Support for all orientations
• Unlimited undo/redo
• Lock sketches (protection from being deleted or edited by mistake)
• Palm rest (only for iPad)
Universal & Affordable
• The best sketch app that works on all your iDevices
• Support for iPhone5 and retina iPad
• Costs less than a cup of coffee :)
‣ Website: www.sketchtimeapp.com
‣ Flickr: www.flickr.com/groups/sketchtime
‣ Twitter: @sketchtimeapp
‣ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Special thanks to Simone Kirschning, Yongwoo Cho and Tetsuya Oku for the great sketches in the screenshots
• New App Icon
• iOS7 Design
• Share on Facebook
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Has great potiential - but not outstanding - yet
Interesting but not overly impressive - Developers need to make a way to export the "making of" videos. Add in export to DropBox or EverNote and you will have a app worth holding on to!
Workaround for saving images
While this is not a substitute for fixing the app, you can at least access your saved images by using iTunes file sharing.
Plug your device in to your computer, start iTunes, click on your device (next to the Library pop-up menu in the bar below the iTunes play/volume controls), click Apps, scroll the iTunes window down to File Sharing, and select SketchTime in the list of apps on the left.
In the list of SketchTime documents, select the Images folder, then click the Save to button below the list. This will save the Images folder on your computer.
The images are named PaintingDrawing_1.png, PaintingDrawing_2.png, etc. There are also PaintingPreview and PaintingThumbnail images, and if you have drawn on top of a photo, there is PaintingPhoto_#.png.
= = =
The author hasn't updated any of his apps in over 2 years, so I'm not holding my breath.
Great, simple, full-functioned
It's a really nice app to use, because of the tasteful yet no-nonsense design, and the ease of functionality. It's not a full-fledged paint shop app, but this is a strength because it eliminates all distractions. You have only the necessities, and your creativity is thus liberated.
Lastly, to the developers, I preferred the previous icon and interface design. The paper-on-wood look was so zen. The flat black-on-white it's been replaced by is a bit jarring by comparison.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.