Bring 3D models to life on iPad or iPhone using SketchUp Viewer. Navigate and present your own SketchUp projects, or explore the millions of free models in 3D Warehouse for FREE!
Explore, present, and communicate in 3D. Here’s how:
• Open or download models directly from 3D Warehouse or Trimble Connect. You can also open models using the iOS ‘Open In’ feature, for example when opening .SKP files sent as email attachments.
• SketchUp Viewer supports Apple’s Files app, making it easy to open models from Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud and other file storage apps.
• Augmented reality (AR) viewing features enable you to experience your 3D models by merging them with the world around you. AR model viewing features are available for all SketchUp Shop, SketchUp Pro and SketchUp Studio subscribers (also available via in-app purchase. $9.99 USD/yr.)
• With the Select tool and Entity Info panel you are able to get information about edge lengths, the area of faces, volume of solids, and component and group definitions.
• Navigate using multi-touch gestures for orbiting, panning and zooming.
• Choose to view your projects from any of the standard views or Scenes that you may have created up in SketchUp’s desktop and web modelers.*
• Switch between perspective and orthographic cameras for production and architectural drawings.
• Take measurements using the Tape Measure tool and adjust unit preferences to see measurements, dimension strings and Entity Info in the units of your choice.
• Turn layers on or off to control the visibility of parts of your model.
• Control the look and feel of your model by adjusting Edge and Face styles, including X-ray mode, along with toggles to control the visibility of Shadows, Hidden Geometry, Section Planes, Section Cuts, Axes, and Watermarks.
• Move existing section planes to get just the right interior view of models, or visualize important elevation and plan views.
*The app supports the following scene properties: Camera location and properties, Hidden Geometry, Visible Layers, Active Section Planes, Standard Edge Styles, Face Styles, Background/Sky/Ground Style settings, Watermarks and Axes Location.
For information and instructions, please visit: http://help.sketchup.com/en/mobile-viewer
This app is recommended for iPhone/iPad devices running iOS 11 or higher with a minimum of 1024Mb of RAM (Retina iPads or newer, iPhone 5 or newer).
The AR feature uses ARKit and is compatible with iPhone 6s and newer, iPad Pro, or any 2017 iPad or newer, running iOS 11 or later.
SketchUp Viewer offers premium, AR model viewing via in-app subscription at a price of $9.99 USD per year. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before your subscription expiration date. Your account will be charged $9.99 USD for renewal within 24-hours prior to your subscription expiration date. You can manage your subscriptions at any time, and/or turn off auto-renewal, by visiting your Account Settings after your initial purchase is complete.
• Fixed an issue that was causing text to render improperly.
• Plus other misc bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
My dad works for this company he said I should download this app but I think you can have some improvement like say I want to design a house there could be a pice that I could just tap and it would make the front of the house and also can you add stuffed animals to design I know you probably don’t read every single one of these but please read the one that I made and I don’t get it I have to search it up to get to it
I logged into this app and the one project I created is nowhere to be seen. Instead I see a couple sample projects.
I used the free web version of Sketchup to create the project. If this app does not show projects for non-upgraded (free) accounts, that should be readily apparent after logging into the app. It should present a listing of your projects, with some copy stating that you'll need to upgrade to view them in the app. There is no mention of it if this is indeed a limitation.
If it is NOT a limitation, the app is just broken from a usability perspective. It makes no sense that you can create & save projects while logged in on web, then log in here and see nothing you created.
If if IS a limitation, though, that is pretty ridiculous, because I can view my project with mobile Safari. There's a fine line between "extra features" (in the context of deciding whether to pay for software) and "reversing bad decisions" aka "making things less evil". I usually get angry about the latter things and don't end up paying for the software.
I don't know why. Sketchup is obviously very useful. And I usually pay for useful software that I want to use. There must be some psychology behind it & some way for developers / product managers to optimize better for conversion.
1 star because this is basically useless as-is.
Not quick or intuitive
I have a SketchUp Pro subscription and only tried out the app for the hope that it would let me do basics without opening my laptop. But from the get-go this app wants you to download any models uploaded to the 3d warehouse in order to open them. Why would I want to download a giant model onto my phone? Streaming the model should be a basic. Just like all models on 3D warehouse can be previewed without download. Also why would I upload my client’s confidential models to the warehouse? My projects are saved on Dropbox and there is no way to connect Dropbox to this viewer (not there in the cloud options). Please update app to do these basic things and while you are at it, make sure I can measure some distances on the model as well. Sort of like DWG Trueview!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Trimble Inc.
- 231.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Trimble Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AR Model Viewing $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.