See exactly what run or lift your friends are on - with SkiLynx! Instantly create your own private ski group for the day, to share location and chat on the mountain. “If you ski with friends, you need this app!” – Outside Magazine
Easily keep in contact with your group on the mountain with SkiLynx. See exactly what run or lift each person in your group is riding, in real-time, including the run difficulty rating and their percentage down the trail, as well as their current location on the resort map. Chat with your group with just a tap, using customizable quick messages that let you communicate with a single touch from your iPhone or Apple Watch.
SkiLynx automatically logs every run and lift you ride, as well as how many miles you’ve skied, giving you a summary of your day and an ongoing history of your ski season at all your resorts.
“The best new ski app for keeping track of your crew on the hill…” – Outside Magazine
“One of the best health and fitness apps for Apple Watch...” - Men's Fitness
SkiLynx is featured in:
Tom’s Guide - “Best New Apps for Skiers”
Wired Magazine - "Apps We Love"
CurbedSki - “Top 6 Ski Apps You Need to Download This Winter”
Elevation Outdoors - “The Must-Have Outdoors Apps”
Techcrunch - “Apps for Hitting the Slopes”
BraveSkiMom – “SkiLynx: Track Your Friends, Your Family & Your Day”
Share your favorite runs, lifts, ski days, even your full ski season on Facebook and Twitter. Let your friends and followers share in your experience on the mountain, even when they can't be with you in person.
Location-aware hashtags let you automatically insert your current location into a message: "Meet me at #here" becomes "Meet me at Burnout" when you're on the Burnout run, or “Meet me at Base Lodge” when you’re at the Base Lodge. SkiLynx keeps track of where you are, so you don’t have to. Just a single tap to your iPhone or Apple Watch sends that message to your group. No need to type when you'd rather be riding!
With your Apple Watch, your iPhone stays safely in your pocket as you ride the lift - your group's locations are right on your wrist and you can chat with a tap or just by talking into your Apple Watch.
Connect with whatever friends or family you chose that day, with SkiLynx’s one-touch invite-only group creation, or just ski solo and let SkiLynx track your day on the mountain for you.
SkiLynx connects you at the major North American ski mountain resorts from coast to coast, across the Rockies, Sierras, Tetons, Wasatch, New England, Canada, and more:
● Alpine Meadows
● Bear Mountain
● Bear Valley
● Heavenly Mountain
● Mammoth Mountain
● Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe
● Northstar California Resort
● Sierra at Tahoe
● Snow Summit
● Squaw Valley
● Sugar Bowl
● Arapahoe Basin
● Aspen Highlands
● Aspen Mountain
● Beaver Creek
● Copper Mountain
● Winter Park
● Sun Valley
● Mount Bachelor
● Deer Valley
● Park City
● Sunday River
● Crystal Mountain
● Jackson Hole
● Lake Louise
● Mt. Norquay
● Whistler Blackcomb
Get the latest weather updates, and open lift and trail counts straight from the SkiLynx app even before you get there.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Support for 2020-21 ski season
- Additional resorts and maps
Ratings and Reviews
Worked well for our group
App did an admirable job of locating our group of six during a three day trip at Park City. GPS was off a few times but the tracking down lifts and runs was pretty solid and kept a record of the day. Combined with group text it made it easy to meet up. For the fee it would be nice if it tracked speed or other movements as well as runs and distance.
I purchased this app based on a few different comparisons I read of ski apps online, and some positive reviews, I think they were all sucked in by the "social" aspect, and being able to text from the app(big whoop), 'cause I was unimpressed.
There were a few issues that caused me to be disappointed, after my first use.
1. My phone battery died halfway through my ski day, (Old phone, gps, and streaming music. Kills the battery pretty fast, and I forgot re-charge battery.) and even though I had the companion Apple Watch app installed I only got half a day's worth of stats. Seems like if the watch app is running and the watch has GPS, it should still be able to record stats and sync up w/ the phone once it is recharged.
2. Even after recharging my phone, and shutting down the app on the iPhone, it was still using my GPS, despite the fact that I set it to "When using the app" in location preferences, and no longer had the app in the foreground on the watch. I had to reboot my phone to get it to stop using the GPS.
3. Maybe it's buried in the preferences screens somewhere, but I couldn't a way to get to many of the stats available in other ski-tracking apps like top speed, total vert., etc. All I got were runs, miles, and lifts.
I think I'll go back to using ski-tracks.
Great by yourself or with friends - now with Rockies!
And now Canada and the North East! People who are complaining obviously didn't read the description. The supported resorts are listed and this isn't a hardcore stats app. This is about skiing with your friends or tracking your runs by name (no other app does this!)
Anyone who has done any skiing or snowboarding knows how hard it is to find people on the slopes. Plus just getting lost wondering which run you are on. The app does a great job of showing you exactly where you are on the map, as well as making it easy to coordinate with your friends. Perfect!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wearlynx, Inc.
- 150.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright (c) 2020 Wearlynx, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.