* Clip anywhere on the screen by holding the clip hot key for freeform selection
* Custom filtering of scanned text for advanced processing
* Automate clipping with AppleScript
* Improved image processing for better accuracy
* Sound effect when clipping
* Option to remove headers when exporting
* Increased mail export compatibility
* Plain text export
* Convenient details expansion
Ratings and Reviews
Very nice application with a nice clean interface. It captures very fast and OCRs within seconds. I would like to see two improvements. First, a small one…. some sort of feedback that a capture was completed like a sound (camera sound?). Second, highlight the term that I was searching for so that I don't have to read the whole document that the search located my search word in.
Works great in Sierra
I am using app in Sierra and it is working great. As another user pointed out, it it better to use it by utilizing the area selection tool rather than capturing the entire page. This app has saved me TONS of time recovering text from an old locked ebook that I created and no longer had access to copy from. I have not seen any other app to offer a similar functionality. Kudos to the author.
Perfect for OCRing editable text out of PDF and e-books scans!!!
People who are having trouble — Don’t just try to capture a whole window! You have to *HOLD* CMD-Opt-CTRL-C and select to get the best results...
Manually select only what you want to be scanned -> Hold the keys CMD-Opt-CTRL-C and move the mouse to box in the specific text you want to OCR from the image on your screen. It works fantastic with great accuracy.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.