Now with a Free Club edition sponsored by Aerodyne!
"This is one of the best things that has happened to formation skydiving in my entire career. I love it!" - Milko
Powerful and Easy to Use - Skydive designer is the ultimate tool for load organisers.
Easily drag jumpers or blocks onto your canvas.
Belly, Sit, Stand, Wingsuiters and even CRW!
Powerful symmetry tools can automatically manage reflected or rotated parts of your plan.
Animated transitions between points help you visualise traffic.
Slot Planes and People with an easy drag & drop interface.
Builder - Build jumps from the dive pool, or add your own dive pools
Puzzler - switch slots without editing the design to make your dive flow
• Club Edition •
The Club edition is sponsored by Aerodyne
It allows you to design and edit jumps for up to 14 jumpers, and to download and view jumps of any size
• Pro Edition •
The Pro Edition (requires subscription) allows you to create, slot and share jumps of any size.
• Share Your Plan •
- Email (or airdrop/whatsapp/etc) your slotting to manifest.
- Share your dives online at http://SkydiveDesigner.app
- The online portal allows anyone to see the jump, the points, and optionally the roster and the slots
- Now with super-easy one-click publishing
- Build and share a PDF dive manual for your group.
• Testimonials •
"Rob is a genius. This software is outstanding. I bought an iPad just to use Skydive Designer. It took me a very short time to design a 100-way Total Break 3-point sequential. All my next dive plans will be done with it."
- Dieter Kirsch
"Rob, you are a genius!!! I would have liked so much to have this App 30 years ago. I started to play with it and it seems nothing is missing. You thought about all!!!"
- Patrick Passe
"When I first started using Skydive Designer, I felt like a fairy godmother had waved her magic wand! At last my long-held wish was granted – an easy-to-use program to design professional formations."
- Lesley Gale
• Subscription Information •
Skydive Designer is supported through an auto-renewing subscription which you can choose to purchase within the app.
Your subscription will automatically apply for both MacOS and iOS (you only need to pay once)
- The subscription is called 'Skydive Designer - Annual'
- It is an annual subscription to unlock the app.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- New 'One Click' Publishing
- New Builder and Puzzler views
- New symmetry controls
- And so much more...
- C-130 support for Patrick Passe :)
- Much easier publishing integration
- Better integration with library for downloading jumps
- Scott Latinis wants an event with no floaters. So be it.
- The crazy axing dance is no more
- Option to pick colours of planes
- Fix for dark mode
- Option to 'Flip' jump to assist head down/up visualisation
- Updated Aerodyne branding
- White Backpack option
- Fixes slotting on MacOS 12
- Scales labels when slotting for max clarity
- Support for Panning
- Option to show grid
- Much clearer labels for slotting
- New bottom toolbar - with point controls at the bottom right
- You can select groups by drawing a line around them
- Reorder points
- Specify number of floaters on each plane
- Slot planes without specifying the exact lineup
- Slot your Camera flyers
- Print your manifest
- App remembers your last plane setup & repeats it by default
- Editing planes & people simplified
- Option to drop formations automatically facing the centre
- Fixes issue with labels not being saved properly
- Now with copy & paste!
- Freefly Formations tweaked so that they touch :)
- Presentation view shows same info as design mode
- No more Cowabunga :(
- No more autocorrect
Ratings and Reviews
Game changer for anyone who engineers/organizes skydives
I own only one Apple device (don't judge). The only reason I own an ipad is so that I can use Skydive Designer. The Skydive Designer app is the only tool that you'll need to develop and engineer formation skydives - belly, freefly, head up, head down, wingsuit, and CRW. The graphics and animaition greatly reduce the time it takes to prep a dive. Let the app do your talking. Replace "Joe, take a grip on Sally's right leg with your left hand....turn 90°..present your right hand to Billy" with "here's what the formation looks like, find yourself, take grips". Additional features include setting a roster (which you can copy/paste from a file on your device), creating a manifest list for each airplane (that can be printed or sent electronically to manifest!), publish your skydive on the cloud so that you don't have to email it to everyone. The "symmetry" feature lets you create a bigway formation by slotting just a few skydivers rather than all of the skydivers in the formation. Download the app. Play with it. You'll be glad you did.
The essential tool for FS.
Skydive Designer is a great tool!
It’s a game changing tool for organizers and participants at Bigway events. It can both empower the organizer to design, engineer, and slot a skydive quickly, and quickly and easily articulate that vision to hundreds of people in seconds.
It’s an essential tool for any serious load organizers. Rather than keeping a library of different sized jumps in your head, build an actual portfolio of well designed jumps for every situation with this tool. Again rather than trying to explain how your crazy skydives work, just show them an animation provided by this tool.
Running out of ideas for skydives?? Go online and search the public repository of skydives designed by others for inspiration and submit your own.
All the features work smoothly, even if a few of them are a bit too advanced for a simple man like myself. Having the app work seamlessly on all apple devices is a huge plus as well.
Do yourself a favor and get this app.
Old dog and new tricks
Rob sent me an early version of his Skydive Designer app and I was happy to provide some feedback. Gratified that he would ask my opinion, I paid my subscription fee, watched some instructional videos and began to use the app in an elementary fashion. Before long, colleagues began designing, editing and publishing dives without the ‘trial and error’ heartache that characterized my feeble efforts.
Embarrassed by the lack of my technological skills, I caught-up on the new training options and actually learned some of the new options available. What a helpful tool! I am still needing to sort out some of the printing possibilities, but surely that will come with time and practice.
Thank you, Rob. This is a great help for skydivers around the world.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hobbyist Software Limited
- 52 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Hobbyist Software Ltd. 2023
- In-App Purchases
- Skydive Designer Annual $99.99