Skyflow is an incredibly handy and functional tool for photographers who aim for the best quality time-lapse shooting!
It has many options, such as choise of shooting resolution and format, motion blur and light trails effects, HDR, panning motion and more.
After shooting is complete you'll need to export your time-lapse as a video file or image sequence.
And the most amazing feature of Skyflow is that it allows you to change the playback speed of the final video even after the end of shooting!
• Shooting and exporting with a resolution of up to 4K
• RAW shooting and export (for iPhone 6S and above)
• Manual ISO, shutter speed, EV, WB and focus control
• Noise Reduction for cleaner shots
• Low-Light Boost for night shots
• Long Exposure effects: Light Trails & Motion Blur
• Exposure Bracketing for HDR export
• Horizon Stabilizer for shooting in motion or from a vehicle
• Zoom with lens distortion control
• Panning motion for dramatic effect in your shots
• Support for DJI OSMO Mobile and DJI OSMO Mobile 2 handheld gimbals
Attention: DJI OSMO Mobile 3 is not supported (for reasons beyond our control)!
• Support for the telephoto lens (on dual camera devices)
• System time, memory and battery indicators in the status bar (pressing the memory indicator changes the viewing mode)
• Setting the shooting Start Time, Interval and Duration
• Ability to change some parameters directly during shooting
• Although the shooting Interval is fixed, you can change the speed of your time-lapse in the Editor before exporting the final video!
• Photo grid with guidelines for the rule of thirds, 1:1 (square) and 2.39:1 (cinematic) aspect ratios
• Geotagging (GPS metadata in photos)
• A quick view of your time-lapse projects straight on the home screen by just swiping your finger
• A rich featured editor: ability to trim time-lapse, add music or continue time-lapse
• Flexible HDR settings with real time preview in the editor
• Convenient and understandable export settings with the choice of resolution, format, video frame rate and quality
• The resulting video can be saved to a Photo Library, sent to iTunes, or sent to another application
In the free version, you can shoot time-lapses without worrying about any limitations,
but the export will be limited to the 540p resolution, 30 fps and the video will contain a watermark.
Restrictions are unlocked via a one-time In-App purchases.
Note that if your device has an 8-megapixel camera, which has a 15% lower resolution than the actual 4K, there will be a bit of quality loss while exporting 4K video.
• Dark Mode Support on iOS 13
• Ultra Wide Lens Support for iPhone 11/Pro
• Fixed crash on launch on iOS 10
• Fixes of screen flickering when using manual ISO or Shutter Speed settings under certain lighting conditions
• Increased quality of Light Trails effect
Ratings and Reviews
The best Timelapse app for iPhone
Getting a good 4K Timelapse out of an iPhone is very difficult and there are very few camera apps out there that do it well. Skyflow is hands down the best Timelapse app I have used. First, it has never crashed on me during a Timelapse and I use on multiple iPhones without issue. The in app processing options are great and very high quality.
The options to lock focus and aperture separately along with real-time previews for motion blur and light trail effects is unmatched as far as I know in the App Store. This review is based on the pro version.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for such a wonderful review :)
Skyflow will definitely get better and more powerful.
Good Little App
I used to use iTimeLapse Pro, but hadn’t in a long time. I tried it out and it randomly crashes. So, I started looking for a replacement and came across this app. It is clean, intuitive and simply works. It has some bells and whistles like noise reduction and hdr, but the simplicity hooked me in.
I like changing the frame rate while capturing. It means if you speed up the capture for just a small section, it will give that section a slow motion effect when being output. Like, I captured a frame every 3 seconds during takeoff and landing on a recent trip, but a frame every 10 seconds during the flight itself. It’s a subtle, but nice effect.
Developer Response ,
Great app for my needs, one ask
I would like to be able to set a custom FPS output. I want to do a custom “slideshow” to vary the style of video ultimately created at our gym(one hour class). When capturing 1080p, I can only do 24fps as the smallest frame rate output. This means I need to shoot at least 1s intervals or faster or it will be too quick to watch any movements.
Developer Response ,
This will be added in the next update. Thanks!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Andrey Kovalyov
- 92.8 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.3 and watchOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2019 KageDev
- In-App Purchases
- Full version $2.99
- Remove Ads & Watermark $0.99
- HD export $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.