Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs, and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 49 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!"
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions, or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Call landline and mobile phone numbers and send SMS messages anywhere in the world at affordable prices using Skype. Reach non-Skype users or contacts who are not online by choosing Skype Credit or Skype subscriptions.
Choose Skype Credit as a pay-as-you-go option to call and SMS. If you call specific destinations, save even more with monthly subscriptions. Skype subscriptions are monthly calling plans that let you make unlimited, or fixed-minute calls to landlines (and mobiles where applicable). Subscriptions begin at $2.99 a month for US, and can vary by destination. To make an in-app purchase, open the app, go to the Call tab, and tap on the Skype to Phone banner. Skype Credit and Subscriptions purchased from the Skype app will be charged to your iTunes account when the purchase is confirmed.
Your account will be charged for Skype subscription renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Your subscription is renewed automatically unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period of subscription.
You can manage your subscription by going to your Apple ID account settings and choosing the auto-renewal option or turning it off any time after your purchase.
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
• EU Contract Summary: https://go.skype.com/eu.contract.summary
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Modernized Skype’s look
- Together mode works for all group calls
- New camera experience for taking pictures
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Visit https://go.skype.com/whatsnew for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting, and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
I’ve used Skype for almost 2 years daily now
My girlfriend and I are long distance so we call each other on the daily until she visits. I’ve used Skype over other apps and I have to say it has it’s ups and downs.
Pros: You can expect calls to work perfectly as long as you both have good internet connections. Even when you internet slows down you can still see each other but the quality drops so you can load the video. As someone who’s used Skype for years I’ve noticed on newer phones that selecting things actually works unlike on slower phones where its stutters and takes time.
Cons: They’re pushing too much with emojis and filters and stuff. Why do I have an option to take a picture in the middle of a Skype call? I can literally just turn on my camera and show the person. I have to press speaker all the time when I first make a call and I’m constantly pressing the camera button and waiting forever just to close it. After a call I’m literally asked every time how the quality was. Stop shoving things in my face please. I just wanna call, not see every “great feature you have”. Personally I don’t use 90% of the things Skype has to offer. I just call and turn on my camera. I wish it would focus on that and keep it simple. I don’t wanna have a 1/8 of my screen covered by something I don’t use.
Please just make calling easier, it’s starting to make me think I should switch to Discord.
Still really happy. Telecom bargain!
I’ve left several reviews, but as an American living in Italy with lots of family in the United States, paying just over $30 a year I can make unlimited phone calls to any phone number, landline, cell phone, or even toll-free number using Skype. I know there are other free services but most won’t let you call land lines or toll-free numbers. Having that subscription I also pay another $30 a year for a San Francisco phone number that anyone can call in the United States that reaches me here in Italy on my Italian cell. It’s also great because that’s the number that shows up as caller ID when I make calls. Highly recommended. And I love the fact that if you hold your finger on the icon you can bring up the dial pad and quickly paste in any phone number in the US. The subscription plan is very cheap and very good. ONE BIG TIP: if you travel outside of the United States BEFORE you go take out a United States subscription which is now either three or 3 1/2 dollars. This way you can make unlimited calls back home for a month while you’re out of the country when you’re on Wi-Fi. Yes there are many ways to make free phone calls but the subscription will let you call landlines, toll-free numbers like maybe your bank or credit card company that you can’t access with other free services. If you make only one phone call while you’re away it will pay for the service. Then just cancel it when you get back home.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 143 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2003 - 2021 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit $4.99
- Skype Credit $9.99
- United States $3.49
- World $15.49
- Skype Credit $24.99
- United States Skype number $7.99
- China $3.49
- India $8.99
- 1-Month US Unlimited mins $3.49
- Colombia $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.