Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Having trouble? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fixed: Workspaces were sometimes showing a default workspace icon (a letter on a colored background) instead of the nice custom icon they had been given. Behold: they are beautiful once more. Or, at the very least, correct. Which is sometimes all we can aspire to.
• Fixed: Some complex URLs were incorrectly being treated like email addresses. They will now be treated… wait for it… like URLs.
• Fixed: In a message from a bot, buttons and menus configured to respond to a user’s actions weren’t actually doing that. This was not the first stage in a robot uprising: it was merely a bug. And is no more.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Slack Icon update, thumbsdown!
I don’t mind the logo, but I am disappointed in the newest update to make the icon background white. Should at the very list provide the option to chose the background color icon in the app.
Another issue I have been experiencing with slack on iOS is with notifications. Often times, but not always, it will make the notification sound and show the notification on the lock screen for just a moment before it disappears. So unless my phone is next to me, I would not know there was a notification that went off. When you use slack to receive alerts for oncall, this is very bad.
Should also implement a dark mode for the app itself.
Slide into my DMs
Using slack is easy, it’s convenient and I recommend it. The ONE thing that I wish were different is the DMs. I’m in THREE separate workspaces with overlapping members in the group. Sending a DM to one person in one workspace means not seeing the private message thread when sending a DM to the SAME person in another workspace. We have a workspace for the village in which our Burning Man camp lives to communicate with the village leads. We have a camp message to chat amongst us as camp members. Some of us in that camp are involved in an art project that includes other people. There’s no good way to keep up the DMs with the people who also are in my same workspaces across all the workspace. As you can imagine, DMs are usually OT and all over. This is the one thing that could use a tweek, IMO.
We use in our small law office. We had to write some of our own "best practice rules" (like phone message channels only get phone messages, no gifs in general, snooze when you aren't answering) but it's been a great tool for our office. Easy way to be sure you're keeping up with your team without getting in to email all the time. We love it because if person a has a question for person b, a send the question and b gets to answer when they have the time in their day. Minimize interruptions while also allowing the person with a question to say it when they're thinking about it. We love slack. It's AOL instant messenger for professionals. I do wish it was easier to upload images etc without the comments being a weird title.
- Slack Technologies, Inc.
- 175 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Slack Technologies
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.