Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Having trouble? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fixed: Feel like life (specifically in GIF and emoji form) has been passing by too quickly? That was actually a bug affecting Slack on the iPhone 13 Pro. Moving images will once again animate at the proper speed.
• Fixed: When delivering notifications for channels in which there were only 2 members, our system was being a touch informal and dropping the conversation name altogether. Titles have been reinstated so you’ll know whether that message is coming from #you-and-i or #just-the-two-of-us.
• Fixed: If you start a Zoom meeting by typing /zoom, you will find that the “Join” button now works as intended, meaning you can no longer blame this bug for being late to your call. We’re sorry / you’re welcome.
• Fixed: The official Apple symbol (option + shift + K on a Mac keyboard) was not displaying correctly in all areas of the iOS app. Worry not, these were simply a few bad apples, fallen too far from the tree.
• Fixed: Bulleted lists with punctuation were sometimes being sent with unexpected line breaks, making each statement feel isolated and a teeny bit passive-aggressive. That’s not what we were going for, and we’re sorry for any lists that seemed extra confrontational on our account.
Ratings and Reviews
A few months in. Mostly good.
The app is easy to learn and has become an integral part of our small business.
I wish I could put the channels in the order we use them the most, instead of the app just putting them where it wants.
I had an issue with posting pics and tech help was friendly and got back with me quickly. The problem was resolved in a week or so.
My biggest complaint is the app is bad about not giving notifications when it should. This is a real problem as many employees will not check the app unless it notifies them something has been posted. Every time there is an update, the notifications seem to work well for a few days… then they stop working again.
Overall I give it 4 stars as the notifications issue is the biggest issue, everything else works as expected.
Developer Response ,
Hey there, thank you for the helpful feedback! We're sorry to hear you're having a tough time with notifications. Could you please write to us at email@example.com? We may be able to investigate the issue for you and help!
I love slack. I started using slack in January for my job, as our communications channel, between team members. This app has never caused me any problems. It’s NEVER: crashed, logged me out unexpectedly, had any technical problems, deleted any of my channels, failed in posting, or any other problems.
This app is reliable, always functioning, never disappoints with the reactions and features to customize for your job specific needs, and in all ways shapes and form been hands down 100% real time. I love how i can change my profile picture, name, workplace info, choose privacy and notification settings, can set myself as away, and all my notifications come in once I’m active, have a dark mode enabled (this saves my tired eyes first thing in the morning) and an all the way around fun place to communicate with others.
I don’t leave many reviews, and this is one of the only ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ reviews I’ve left. Thank you for everything your team and developers have done to streamline our success. You’re amazing!
Slack slacked in 2020
Look, I love/d Slack. I’ve been using it as my internal business communication tool for the past five years. I’ve also noticed in those past five years, Slack has barely innovated and as of recently, especially during 2020 when most applications like zoom, Google meet, and Microsoft teams have been booming with innovation in new ways of interacting in this new work from home work life. Now with the acquisition from salesforce, I truly feel like Slack is going to go down the drain and what was once the industry leader in communication has sat back on the couch, slacking, watching everybody else move forward. As of today, we are looking into other platforms outside of Slack due to the lack of innovation and buy out from sales force. An example of what I think is easy innovative feedback, we’ve been asking for voice clips to send both privately and in channels up to 2 to 5 minutes long so managers can leave a status update or important message or daily briefing first thing in the morning without having to type it all out and can do it on the go; nothing. It was nice while it lasted, slack. 👋
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Slack Technologies, Inc.
- 193.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.3 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Slack Technologies
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.