Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Having trouble? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
• A natty new icon in the top left corner of the app will show the number of notifications you have in your current workspace, as well as taking you to the sidebar, where you can swipe between your channels and conversations, as before.
• Fixed: Sometimes, attempting to delete a message that had failed to send (due, usually, to low connectivity) in was itself, failing. Doubling down on things is great — but not, perhaps, when that thing is “failure”. Now when some things don’t work, the other thing will.
Ratings and Reviews
Slack Icon update, thumbsdown!
I don’t mind the logo, but I am disappointed in the newest update to make the icon background white. Should at the very list provide the option to chose the background color icon in the app.
Another issue I have been experiencing with slack on iOS is with notifications. Often times, but not always, it will make the notification sound and show the notification on the lock screen for just a moment before it disappears. So unless my phone is next to me, I would not know there was a notification that went off. When you use slack to receive alerts for oncall, this is very bad.
Should also implement a dark mode for the app itself.
We use in our small law office. We had to write some of our own "best practice rules" (like phone message channels only get phone messages, no gifs in general, snooze when you aren't answering) but it's been a great tool for our office. Easy way to be sure you're keeping up with your team without getting in to email all the time. We love it because if person a has a question for person b, a send the question and b gets to answer when they have the time in their day. Minimize interruptions while also allowing the person with a question to say it when they're thinking about it. We love slack. It's AOL instant messenger for professionals. I do wish it was easier to upload images etc without the comments being a weird title.
Becoming my go to comm app...
First, my rant (feel free to skip):
I was not pleased when Microsoft purchased Skype, and my fears were increasingly justified as I saw version release after version release further thrash GUI conventions (if Microsoft made light switches, down would turn the light on and up would turn it off...). Finally, the family decided to stop using Skype for our domestic and international communications needs. We switched to Slack...
Second, my review:
It took some getting used to, but Slack is now our family communication hub... we’ve got channels for making travel plans, sharing recipes, and even communicating while playing Minecraft (yes, I know, Microsoft...).
Slack has not only replaced Skype, but is quickly replacing our need to use generic texting and e-mail. I’m still very fond of Discord, but who knows...!?
I highly recommend slack. Delve into it. Learn it well, and perhaps you too will adopt it as your one comm app to rule them all!
5-stars. Hands down.
Slack people: promise me you’ll never sell this to Microsoft when Team simply doesn’t grab enough market share, and they come knocking. Pretty please...
- Slack Technologies, Inc.
- 162.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Slack Technologies
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.