Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Having trouble? Please reach out to email@example.com
• Fixed: When viewing your Starred Items, unstarring an item will now remove it from the view rather than making you close and reopen the list.
• Fixed: A crash that could occur when a message contained a highlight word, an @-mention, and certain non-English characters. We fixed it, for certain.
Ratings and Reviews
We use in our small law office. We had to write some of our own "best practice rules" (like phone message channels only get phone messages, no gifs in general, snooze when you aren't answering) but it's been a great tool for our office. Easy way to be sure you're keeping up with your team without getting in to email all the time. We love it because if person a has a question for person b, a send the question and b gets to answer when they have the time in their day. Minimize interruptions while also allowing the person with a question to say it when they're thinking about it. We love slack. It's AOL instant messenger for professionals. I do wish it was easier to upload images etc without the comments being a weird title.
Becoming my go to comm app...
First, my rant (feel free to skip):
I was not pleased when Microsoft purchased Skype, and my fears were increasingly justified as I saw version release after version release further thrash GUI conventions (if Microsoft made light switches, down would turn the light on and up would turn it off...). Finally, the family decided to stop using Skype for our domestic and international communications needs. We switched to Slack...
Second, my review:
It took some getting used to, but Slack is now our family communication hub... we’ve got channels for making travel plans, sharing recipes, and even communicating while playing Minecraft (yes, I know, Microsoft...).
Slack has not only replaced Skype, but is quickly replacing our need to use generic texting and e-mail. I’m still very fond of Discord, but who knows...!?
I highly recommend slack. Delve into it. Learn it well, and perhaps you too will adopt it as your one comm app to rule them all!
5-stars. Hands down.
Slack people: promise me you’ll never sell this to Microsoft when Team simply doesn’t grab enough market share, and they come knocking. Pretty please...
So awesome!! It’d be better though is Slack didn’t auto delete messages and hide them behind a paywall and would also be better if we had the ability to edit/delete messages a regardless of how much time has passed and free video/voice chat. If you don’t wanna spend money on video/voice chat or Spence money getting extra storage of messages, just use discord. It’s basically the same thing with a few slight differences like direct responses to a single text but like each text is a post and the replies could be comments on that message, for example. Again awesome app, loving the new dark mode and businesses, this app is perfect for you!!
- Slack Technologies, Inc.
- 130.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Slack Technologies
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.