LiveXLive Powered by Slacker, formerly Slacker Radio, is a totally reimagined music streaming app that lets you listen to your favorite music and watch live streaming performances for free, all in one place.
With our global coverage and massive collection of music, you’ll get:
• Free access to the music and events you love
• Hundreds of interactive and hand-crafted music stations
• Music recommendations personalized just for you, so you can discover new favorites
• Live video streams of festivals and concerts from around the world
• Exclusive hosted audio and video shows every week
• The ability to easily collect and share your favorite songs
• The power to create your own stations and playlists
• Unique interactive news and sports programming
• On-demand access to millions of songs and albums with subscription
• Offline data-free listening on mobile with subscription
Check out LiveXLive.com and follow @livexlive on social media for announcements about upcoming events and exciting new features.
Want to get the most out of LiveXLive Powered by Slacker?
Subscribe to LiveXLive Plus:
• Ad-free listening
• Maximum audio quality
• Unlimited skips
• Auto renews monthly at $3.99 USD
Subscribe to LiveXLive Premium:
• All the benefits of LiveXLive Plus
• Listen offline
• Play millions of songs and albums on demand
• Create your own playlists and stations
• Auto renews monthly at $9.99 USD
For all subscriptions, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account only after confirmation of purchase. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period with no change in price.
Your subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
What’s new? Good question! Here are the answers:
- Video Playlists: When you watch a video, we will now automatically queue up a custom feed of related videos. All you have to do is sit there and watch!
- Livestream Artist Navigation: “Heart" artists and gain the power to listen to their stations directly from livestream schedules.
- Real-time Livestream Updates: Once a live event begins, your app will automatically refresh so you can stream your favorite artists immediately.
- We’ve also introduced general bug fixes related to playback and app navigation.
- And if you thought the Ford Sync experience was great before, well, now it’s even better.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Better than Pandora
Slacker Radio is the answer to Pandora’s increasingly bad service. Like Pandora, Slacker Radio allows you to create custom radio stations with the ability to tell the station that you either like the current playing song or that you never want to play the current playing song again. However, Slacker Radio is better at this kind of service because it allows you to listen to original recordings that are not censored and it has better quality audio. I have tried Pandora and even paid a monthly subscription, but Pandora does not play original uncensored recordings despite the fact that I turned on explicit content. Perhaps some priggish Pandora users somehow caused Pandora to ban all explicit content? Or perhaps Pandora’s algorithm is mistakingly interpreting that I somehow don’t like explicit content, despite the fact that I turned on explicit content? I’m happy that Slacker does not have this problem and that it plays original uncensored music with high quality sound. Thanks for the great music, Slacker Radio, and keep the free-spirited uncensored music going—unhindered by the moralism that has apparently infected Pandora.
So close to perfection.
I love Slacker. I actually used it religiously about 10 years ago. It has always done a great job of mixing old and new with my custom stations. I left Slacker long ago when they made all the huge interface changes. I subscribed to Pandora and never really looked back.
Fast forward to this week. I decide to see what’s going on with Slacker. Plus I wanted to see if my old stations had any gems I forgot about. I downloaded the app and connected it to my car stereo. The first thing I noticed was the sound quality was way better. Everything sounded more full than my pandora music. 2nd is that unlike pandora, my phone didn’t got into “accessory mode” making it hard to control it the way I want. 3rd was the interface looks great! Much better than the old blue colors of pandora. My only thing with it is why is it so hard to get to my custom stations? I couldn’t care less about the premade stations, I want to see a list of mine the moment I open the app. Instead I have to go to my music, then scroll around until I find custom stations. It should either be there from the get go or one tap away. Another bonus that I never thought I would like... djs and little snippets of news in between songs. They are short and informative and really make it feel like a premium radio station. Remember the old XM radio? It’s similar to that. Now XM has mindless bla bla bla in between songs. This is different and they nailed it.
Improve Dash audio quality
I love Slacker. It’s awesome for those of us who don’t follow artists and want help listening to the latest content through their curated channels.
That being said, Slacker has done such a poor job in marketing itself and attempting to acquire a loyal base of paid subscribers to assure its long term survival. The idea to cross market with Dash Radio seems short sighted given it’s a gratis product, but the least you could do for subscribers is to offer higher bitrate streams because the audio quality is lacking.
Other than this I can’t say enough good about Slacker and send everyone I know to the platform and encourage them to subscribe to at least the low-tier subscription as it’s an excellent value.
Lastly: Chromecast streaming is broken after iOS 12 and needs to be fixed.
- Slacker, Inc.
- 105.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2019 LiveXLive Media
- In-App Purchases
- LiveXLive Plus $3.99
- LiveXLive Premium $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.