Defend Your Sleep!
Any parent with a young child knows how difficult it can be to get a good night’s sleep. Your child can come in at any time and wake you up asking if it’s time to get up. Now there’s a remedy — Sleep Defender.
Sleep Defender uses the colors of the stoplight to silently indicate when it’s ok to get up. Red, stay in bed. Green, get up. Optional yellow, it’s ok to be up, but quiet. A great feature of Sleep Defender is that it doesn’t make a sound, so it will never wake a sleeping child.
Sleep Defender sizes the clock numbers to fit the device screen, so that they are BIG, and can easily be seen from across the room.
Sleep Defender is easy to use — ideal for use in a dark room when you’re tired. Set the alarms on one screen with just a few touches. Adjust the clock brightness quickly on the clock face. Tap alarm indicators to recall alarm times.
Sleep Defender was developed out of necessity. It worked with my children and I am confident it will work with yours. Get that good night’s sleep you deserve.
Sleep Defender is a tremendous help for timeouts and can be used as a silent timer. It’s also ideal for those with special needs that are unable to tell time.
If you leave the iOS device on all night, a charger is probably a good idea.
Questions or comments: email@example.com
- big clock numbers can be seen from across the room
- only kids’ alarm clock with separate yellow alarm
- simple one screen setup
- silent so it won’t wake a sleeping child
- easy brightness controls
- alarm indicators that show alarm times when tapped
- clock face can be numbers or a stoplight
- tutorial page to make sure alarms are setup properly
- clock automatically returns to red 2 hours after alarm
- clock resets to red at midnight
Fixed tutorial page for iPhone 4s.
Ratings and Reviews
This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Only thing that would make it better is some sort of optional way to indicate passage of time. Could be gradual color change or maybe some other clock element like a rectangle that fills in gradually.
Great in theory, I have an older iPod I use for white noise in my Son's room. Well because this app requires 7.0 and later I cannot download on the older iPod. I love that it doesn't interfere with the playing of the white noise on my iPhone 6 but it's worthless to me on my phone and not on my sons iPod. I think many people use older or used gadgets for their children. It's also great that the background is black and also allows the phone to sleep to diminish interference with sleep. Wish I could use it!
Good, small tweaks would make it great
I suggest two small improvements:
1) The yellow and green numbers look too similar. I suggest making the yellow more orange.
2) I don’t like that the clock turns back to red during the day. I wish I could set a time for it to switch from green to red in the evening. The red during the day is confusing to my toddler.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.