Noticing that other "sleep trackers" on the App Store claim to accurately track sleep with Apple Watch automatically — using only your heart rate — is misleading, and a better updated app needed to be an option for Apple Watch. Because our sleep is more complicated than just our heart rate, our movement is also part of the picture. These "auto track" apps don't use motion, as it is something that needs to be processed directly, not in the background on watchOS**. Hello, Sleep Pulse 3 Motion.
Sleep Pulse 3 is the only native Apple Watch app that can additionally support* Nap Tracking with "Power Nap", and Sleep Talk recordings with "Sleep Talk". All trackable from within Sleep Pulse 3!
• Bold Design, the app opens to your last sleep report with your sleep goal, sleep analysis, heart rate, and motion. The new Sleep Goal Ring and Analysis Donut Ring can be tapped for additional information.
• Sleep View, designed to provide context while you sleep including when you went to bed, how long you have been in bed for, and your live heart rate.
• Resting Heart Rate, upon wake your resting heart rate will be measured — a good measurement of your overall health.
• Sensitivity Level, because we all sleep differently and in different places (cars, boats, planes, camping etc) the sensitivity level for analyzing your sleep may be adjusted from the watch app.
• Complication Support, for best use add Sleep Pulse 3 to your watch face with a complication and see how much of your sleep goal you complete each night.
• iPhone Independent, away from your iPhone for a night? No problem Sleep Pulse 3 analyzes your full sleep without your iPhone, when connected it will sync the data. Get your sleep report directly on your Apple Watch.
• Bold Look, Designed to provide a cleaner and clearer look at your sleep with vibrant colors, haptics, large text, sleep ring and sleep analysis charts.
• Sleep Metrics, metrics to explain your sleep include: Light Sleep, Deep Sleep, Restless, Slept Duration, In Bed, Fell Asleep, REM Estimate, Night Steps, Resting Heart Rate, Fell Asleep Heart Rate, Range of Heart Rate, Mode Heart Rate, Average Heart Rate
• Analysis Charts, see a breakdown ratio of how you slept on the sleep analysis donut chart. Also see detail of the type of motion that occurred during your sleep on the motion analysis donut chart.
• Track Trends, track Fell Asleep Duration, Slept Duration, and your Resting Heart Rate changes
• Power Nap Add On, with the "Power Nap with Health Sync" app installed on your device you can now save and track your daily nap durations in Sleep Pulse.
• Sleep Talk Add On, to provide you with potential sleep talk recordings from your night — View the app "Sleep Talk" for more info.
• Sleep Wake Mood, save your sleep mood to the sleep report
HealthKit is used to save your sleep data to the Health app on your iPhone.
watchOS 5 and iOS 12 are required for use, 5.0 and 12.0 are recommended for best use.
*Extra purchases required, discounts through the Sleep Better with Watch Bundle*
**Sleep must be started when In Bed, and not before each night, Sleep Pulse's algorithm tracks only sleep and any attempt to try and "auto track" your sleep before being In Bed will provide inaccurate results of your sleep. » Sleep Pulse 3 has no alarm or auto track function, SLEEP MUST BE MANUALLY STARTED WHEN YOU ARE IN BED and stopped from the watch (allows for the most accurate analysis, and fell asleep time), any other app that claims it accurately tracks your sleep automatically with motion is falsely claiming that feature. watchOS 5 requires motion be manually started and stopped — then processed with the app active**
SLEEP PULSE 3 MOTION IS NOT FOR MEDICAL USE AND SHOULD NOT BE USED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, OR MONITOR ANY MEDICAL CONDITION. CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
Sources: Visit Support for Source Info
App Preview Music Credit:
Cheery Monday Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons
• Fixes the sleep chart bars to display the relative widths of each sleep phase
Series 4 Apple Watch Updates!
• Supports the new Infograph and Infograph Modular watch faces with beautiful new gradient complications
• See your recent sleep motion chart on the new Infograph Modular center complication
• See your recent sleep goal progress via the new circle, corner, and top bezel complications for the Infograph and Infograph Modular watch faces
• Updated UI for the larger screens
iPhone XS Max
• Updates the UI for the larger device
Ratings and Reviews
Have been using this app for several months now. And not bad at all. Trying to get use the app still. Starting it when I go to sleep and the big thing for me is remembering to stop it when I wake up. Would be nice if it would allow you to edit the time asleep in case you forget to stop it. Was up and moving this morning and not the 1st time I’ve forgotten to stop the app and no way to edit my mistake. And I don’t have a normal life. And may only get 4 to 6 hours of sleep at one time. And then if I go to bed in the same day to get some sleep it recorded over what I’ve already had in sleep. Would be nice if it would show both periods of sleep in each event on the same day. Just a thought. For us people that are on call 24/7 and still like to keep up with our rest. Thanks for the app and trying to make it the best for everyone that you can.
Most Data on your Sleep of current apps
I’m going to give it 5 stars, although I’d like to select 4.5, because I can’t use the phone app to edit my start and stop times. There had been a LOT of time put in this app. I had used the previous versions on my old Gen1 Apple Watch, and they worked fairly well, but this version on Series 4 is *smooth*! I only wish there was a function to auto-STOP the tracking if it senses I’m up moving around for a length of time, or al me to edit my start and stop time via the phone app, or at least the stop time. There are many times that I’ve gotten up and been too tired or distracted to stop the tracker right as I wake, so I may get an extra 30-60 minutes that I can’t edit out.
I’ve run this in conjunction with Sleep ++ and Sleepmatic, and they are decent, but THIS app is the most accurate and allows for modifying the sensitivity (most nights I move a lot when I sleep, so I can change that after the fact and reanalyze the night’s data).
If it ever includes an auto-stop or an post-edit to select a wake time, this will get my full 5 star review.
No Snake Oil, Minor Inconveniences
To begin I’ve used the apps that automatically “track” your sleep. And I couldn’t agree more with this developers claim that those apps are essentially snake oil lies. I’ve actually done minor research with sleep and though there is no perfect wearable sleep tracker this one is most on par with like a Fitbit.
Yes you must start and stop your sleep with this app, though I believe the developers claims this is mandatory of watchOS and not the app missing out. Yes you must wait a few seconds for the app to process the data each morning. However you can rotate/lower your wrist while doing so and it’s over being you know it.
What the results provide are better than all other options and best part is THEY ARE CLEAR TO READ. The iOS app is phenomenal compared to all the other apps in the design department. Also looking at the real motion data is great too.
In conclusion I wrote a review as usually I don’t because PSA. Any app that doesn’t use motion to track your sleep is more of a lie from an app that does. The best sleep tracking uses brain waves. But motion and heart rate makes for a great combo too. Autosleep is just an autolie. Give this a try if you want detailed info on your sleep.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.