Welcome to SleepHealth -- a Mobile App Study and Wellness tool from the American Sleep Apnea Association and powered by Apple’s ResearchKit and IBM Watson Health Cloud.
The SleepHealth study is being conducted by the American Sleep Apnea Association, a 25-year-old and patient-led non-profit and researchers at the University of California, San Diego. The app and study was designed and funded through the contributions of a small all-patient team of scientists, physicians, advocates and technology experts dedicated to health and data discovery in order to accelerate patient-centered and citizen research related to heart disease, hypertension, obesity, cancer, COPD, depression, Alzheimer's, motor-vehicle crashes and reduced quality of life among others.
The SleepHealth app is also a personalized tool that helps you gain greater insight into your sleep habits and sleep issues, learn how sleep is associated with other conditions you may have, and take charge of your health. You can keep track of your daily activity, sleep habits and daytime alertness in order better understand how your sleep impacts your health, safety, productivity and well-being. We want anyone that sleeps -- good or not -- to use the app and contribute to the study over years.
This study is unique in that it allows participants to be equal partners in both the monitoring of their symptoms and impact of sleep loss, as well as helping to direct future research through participating in our community forum at www.sleeptember.org or engaging with the SleepHealth Blog right from your phone.
Join our research effort and start contributing today!
The app can help you measure your activity through the sensors in your iPhone, iPhone touch or the Apple Watch, or any wearable activity device linked to HealthKit. By helping you track your activity levels and giving you feedback, we aim to help people be more informed and empowered in improving their health.
Record and track your:
• Physical activity through your iPhone or a HealthKit-linked device
• Alertness level each day; using a scale and fun and easy test for reaction time
• Sleep habits and daytime alertness through morning and evening checks-ins to monitor how the quality
and quantity of your sleep affects your daily alertness, productivity, mood and health
Receive reminders and notifications about:
• Daily and nightly activities to improve your sleep habits and health
• Activities and surveys to complete during the 7-Day SleepHealth Activity Check Up every 3 months
• Learn about your activity level
• Learn about sleep health, sleep disorders and their effects on health, safety and productivity
• Receive frequent sleep and health tips and news through the SleepHealth Blog right in the app
To join the SleepHealth Mobile App Study, you need to:
• Be 18 or older
• Reside within the United States
• Be able to read and understand English
Get insights into your sleep health, get support in your journey, and give us your ideas and help direct future research. Install the app today and learn about your sleep, help research, and join the global effort to better understand sleep!
We have made several updates for this version, including:
* Addition of Objective Sleep Measurent (Total Sleep Time) to Dashboard
* Personalized user feedback
* Improved instruction on use of application features and use of the application over time
* Users can now share additional HealthKit metrics with SleepHealth App
* Added "Mark All Read" in news section
* Notification updates
* Bug fixes to improve application stability
* Improvements to Apple HealthKit and ResearchKit Linkage
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Use HealthKit Sleep Analysis
I use a sleep tracking app and Apple Watch to accurately track my sleeping into Apple’s Health app.
Why do you ask so many questions that can easily be answered by looking at this data? I’m happy to answer questions when data is not in Health app (ie like how I feel) but when you ask at what time I went to sleep or how long I’ve slept it’s really annoying since I know you have Sleep Analysis data already.
Developer Response ,
We understand your frustration, however we ask these questions in order to be able to compare subjective vs. objective measurements of sleep. It is true that wearables provide measurements of sleep, but they aren't always 100% accurate, so we like to have end users provide their accounts of sleep data as well. Thank you for your feedback.
A great way to help
I don’t know much about health science but I know that I wear an Apple Watch and I love being able to share my data for science and medical research I look forward to you guys adding a sleep button so I can press it and monitor my vitals but other than that so far so good keep up the excellent work and just keep adding features to help provide As much analytical data for us to have on our sleep patterns is possible
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback and positive review. We agree that sleep monitoring functionality would be a great feature for the app and hope that we can bring this and other features to future versions. Stay tuned!
Great sleep monitoring
I just started with this app and am pleased how full-featured it is. I wish some of the app features were fixed (like text autocorrect) but the main thing I’d like to see is reading sleep data from Apple Health. (I already have an app that automates my sleep/wake times, which SleepHealth could read from without me having to enter each day.)
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. The reason why we ask for sleep wake times is so that we can compare subjective vs. objective reports of sleep. While it is easy to allow devices to report this info, we would like confirmation from end users so that we can compare the two. Thanks again!
- American Sleep Apnea Association, Inc
- 62.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © American Sleep Apnea Association
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.