Ask questions, vote in live polls and be a part of the conversation at the meeting, event or remote session you’re attending. Download the Slido app and join your event by simply typing in the event code.
Slido is an easy to use Q&A and polling platform. It helps people to get the most out of meetings and events by bridging the gap between speakers and their audiences, whether in-person or virtual.
With Slido app, you can:
EXPERIENCE THE LIVE STREAM
You can watch live stream and interact with live polls or audience Q&A directly from the app.
ASK YOUR QUESTIONS
- “What is the best advice the mentor has ever given you?”
- “What kind of tools do you use for productivity?”
- Send questions for the audience Q&A whenever during the sessions, straight from the Slido app
UPVOTE THE QUESTIONS
- Don’t have any questions on your mind? Or the one you want to ask is already on the screen asked by somebody else? Upvote the other participants’ questions! Use Slido to push the most interesting questions to the top.
VOTE IN LIVE POLLS
- Share your opinion or demonstrate your knowledge in live polls
TAKE PART IN QUIZZES
- Participate in the quiz, shine on the leaderboard and take the prize!
SUBMIT YOUR FEEDBACK
- Do you know that feeling when you watch the best keynote ever and you’d like to praise the speaker? Use Slido app!
- Contribute to brainstorming with your thoughts. Type in your best ideas using Slido.
This update brings many great features and several bug fixes.
- It is much easier to watch a live stream in the app and interact via live polls or audience Q&A. Livestream now plays all the time even when you interact with a poll or send a question so you will never miss a word.
- App now supports new improved image polls.
- You can experience different color variations of the Slido app as event organizers can now fully customize it to match the branding of the event you are attending.
- Event or meeting organizers can now share important links, accessible from the app side menu, so you can get to useful resources easily.
- App is now fully optimized for iPads. We also removed an orientation lock to portrait mode so it can be easily rotated as you like on the bigger screens.
- Many bug fixes and improved reliability.
Are you missing any important features in the Slido app? Send your feedback via app or to email@example.com. Thank you <3
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Often used Prejudicially
I’ve been using this app for a year across numerous events in Austin, TX. The diversity of inquiry and answered questions had taken a nosedive. The venues that have used these are very likely to filter out all but the most bland low hanging fruit. The public ratings are often ignored, only easy questions answered, often no time or assistance allocated for newbies, no network accommodations for weak signal, this app intrinsically excludes non tech attendees, and has been specifically designed to isolate the pollsters from any feedback. I would suggest returning to a wireless microphone, it is more Democratic and diverse.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we value your input. We are sorry to hear it wasn’t always what you expected. While we aim to provide the platform for every participant to have a voice, we also offer the administrator the faculty and freedom to address the matters at their own discretion. If you have any other thoughts, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The app keeps crashing/freezing when entering questions. Also sometimes my questions got stuck in waiting for review
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. Thanks for reporting the freezing of the app. The app went through several updates over the year so all should work fine now. If you ever come across similar experience try to use our web app at www.slido.com as a backup. Regarding the “waiting for review” label on the question that means that the question is being moderated and needs to be approved by the event organizer to go live.
Any questions that have been asked, on the app or website, disappear. It’s annoying when you are reviewing the questions and they disappear.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. We're sorry about your experience. All sent questions are managed by the administrator inside Slido. Sometimes they use different features to facilitate the discussion and keep it relevant and insightful for the participants. Usually questions disappear when they are archived once speaker answered them. Some other times the event organizer could recognize that specific question was a duplicity or was already answered before so it was archived too. If you have any ideas or suggestions, we'd love to read them at email@example.com. We're happy to help!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.