Sling: Employee Scheduling Made Easy
With powerful scheduling and workforce management tools, Sling is the easiest way to manage employee work schedules, track time, optimize labor costs, and streamline team communication. For free!
Sling works for a variety of industries and organizations of every size, shape, and kind have already made Sling the place where their work happens.
Streamline Your Business
• Schedule faster and smarter: Build accurate schedules in minutes and avoid overlapping shifts and double-bookings.
• Control labor costs: Stay under budget while controlling overtime and absenteeism.
• Communicate efficiently from a single platform: Send messages in group or private conversations, keep everyone informed, and build a stronger company culture.
• Simplify time tracking: Allow employees to clock in and out right from their phones.
• Make payroll processing easier: Export timesheets for seamless payroll processing.
• Drive operational compliance: Ensure standards are being met to keep your business compliant.
• Enhance employee engagement: Engage employees in achieving business objectives in an easy-to-digest way while making work effortless and expected outcomes clear.
Benefits For Managers
- Schedule with ease: Build your employees' schedules in minutes and manage time off, availability and shift trade requests.
- Eliminate scheduling conflicts: See up-to-date employee availability, time-off requests, and avoid overlapping shifts and double-bookings.
- Democratize scheduling: Let employees sign up for shifts on a first-come, first-served basis, or approve the requests and finalize the schedule.
- Reduce employee absences and late arrivals: Use shift alarms to remind employees of their upcoming shifts and send them notifications when they forget to clock in.
- Optimize labor spending as you schedule: Set wages per employee or position and see how much each shift will cost. Forecast and optimize expenses while scheduling to ensure you stay on budget.
- Manage multiple work locations with ease: Schedule employees across multiple locations on one account and view all schedules in one place.
- Set specific clock-in locations: Use GPS or IP settings to designate where you want employees to clock in.
- Integrate Sling with platforms you already use: Save time and money by integrating your scheduling with your existing platforms.
Benefits For Employees
- Access the schedule anywhere, anytime: Employees can access their schedules when they aren't at work and get real-time updates on one centralized platform.
- Turn any device into a mobile time clock: With Sling, any device — laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone — becomes a time tracking terminal.
- Chat with coworkers in real time: Sling’s powerful communication features help employees to stay informed wherever they are and never skip a beat.
- Set shift reminders: With Sling, employees can set shift alarms to remind them when they need to work, which helps them be on time.
- Find replacements faster: Sling’s shift exchange feature allows employees to find their own replacements when they can’t work.
- Manage work-life balance better: Employees can set unavailability or request off to make time for other things they love to do.
- Prevent forgotten clock-outs: Sling will automatically clock out employees if they forget to do it themselves.
- Because Sling automates repetitive processes, simplifies complex and time-consuming tasks, and coordinates convoluted workplace communication, it helps any organization run smoother.
Try the Sling app for free and experience the future of workforce management.
Thanks for using Sling! This update includes minor improvements and fixes a few pesky little bugs.
As always, if you run into any troubles, let us know at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Helpful and easy
I’ve used a few different scheduling apps and this one is my favorite because it is so simple and straightforward. Employees can set and update their (un)availability and request time off. The app notifies you when you’re assigning shifts if there’s a scheduling conflict with any time off requests or certain unavailable times. It also notifies the employee before the shift in case they forgot they had to work. Employees can swap shifts easily. Management is informed of all schedule changes because they have to be approved first by a manager in the app. Finally , Employees can use the messenger feature to communicate without resorting to the obnoxious old group text.
Aesthetically pleasing, functionally flawed
The app is simple to use and the design is aesthetically pleasing, making it easy to see your shifts. However, there are a couple things that need fixed. Most notably broken is the widget; it simply displays, “We couldn’t find your shifts. Are you logged in the Sling app?”. This function worked previously on my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.3, but has never worked on my iPhone XS running iOS 12.0.1. This was the main way I checked my shifts, and it made it so much easier. I don’t know if the app version was different, or if there is just an unknown compatibility issue where the widget feature only works on some versions of iOS. Lastly, as mentioned by another reviewer, the notifications are inconsistent at best, and completely missing or useless at worst. Most of the time I forget I have it set to remind me of my upcoming shift, because it either doesn’t push a notification, or it notifies me when my shift is starting in under 5 minutes. While this has never caused me to be late to work (as it isn’t my primary method of time management and ultimately one should be responsible for themself in regards to getting to work), it would be nice to have peace of mind knowing you have a reliable backup alert. Overall, I enjoy using the Sling app to view and manage my shifts, and I hope to see improvements soon.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback!
We are aware of the issue with the widget and we will try to fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will also check what's going on with shifts alarms 👍
Still buggy and slow
I have the app since my employer requires us to, and the way we clock in is by taking a picture of a computer screen with the time and date on it, and messaging it to her. If I were to text her this, it would take mere moments, but on this app it is an entire process that takes probably three times as long. Messaging on this app is horrendously slow. Also, just to launch the app takes a while, too. I think they just don’t have enough server room to host everyone, but this is a major issue. Also, I’ve had the red notification bubble on my app since I downloaded it, and it won’t go away. I don’t have any new messages or notifications, it’s just there and it refuses to go away. Overall, an app like Trello would be better, or really a host of the other workplace organization apps that are out there. The only reason I didn’t give it 1 star is because it does actually work, like 70% of the time.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.