Let us entertain you -- with Slingplayer
What does it mean to have the best TV experience? It means getting the absolute most out of the cable and on demand services you already pay for. Only Slingplayer can do that through a single interface, without need of multiple service providers or contracts, or adding more channel apps. It delivers 100% of all your channels anywhere – at home over WiFi, or on-the-go via 3G, 4G, or LTE – even internationally.
• Watch and control 100% of the cable or satellite channels you already pay for, live or recorded, on your iPad anywhere you have an Internet connection —with absolutely no monthly fees
• No blocked shows or games in any location, anywhere around the world
• Replace your traditional program guide with a gallery view for easy program discovery*
• The Sports Gallery displays all the games that are on at any given time, including live scores and statistics to let you track multiple games while you’re watching your favorite team*
• When you’re on the same network as your Slingbox 500, use a gallery view of what’s on as your remote control – just touch the thumbnail of the show, movie, or game you want to watch and it will show up on your TV
• Talk about what you’re watching, when you’re watching, with an integrated Twitter feed*
• Watch trending YouTube videos without leaving the Slingplayer app
• With Slingbox 500 get contextual YouTube video recommendations based on the show you’re watching and view on your TV*
• Watch on a second TV in your home, vacation getaway , hotel suite, or dorm room with Apple TV®, Chromecast®, Fire TV®, or Roku®
• Works with every cable and satellite provider
*available in the US and Canada only. Not available on Slingbox M1 or Slingbox M2.
COMPATIBLE APPLE DEVICES:
- iPad only (iOS 7.0+)
- Slingbox 500
- Slingbox M2
- Slingbox M1
- Slingbox 350
- Slingbox PRO-HD
- Slingbox SOLO
Slingplayer for iPad will not work with Slingboxes prior to SOLO and PRO-HD, as legacy boxes do not have the hardware capability to stream at the iPad’s higher resolution. If you own a prior-generation Slingbox, you may be eligible to receive an upgrade discount on a supported model. Please visit http://www.slingbox.com /upgrade for details.
If you are a DISH Network customer, the following devices are NOT compatible with the Slingplayer app. Please download the DISH Anywhere app.
- Hopper with Sling receiver
- Hopper receiver
- VIP 922 receiver
- Sling Adapter
Watch and control video sources such as:
- Cable/satellite set-top box and DVR
- Digital Over-the-Air broadcasts (Slingbox PRO-HD only)
- Home security cameras
- Blu-ray/DVD players
To learn more about Slingbox, please visit http://www.slingbox.com.
Note: While the Slingplayer app is available for download in all countries, Slingbox hardware is required, and is only available for purchase from authorized resellers in the following countries: United States, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, Denmark, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, San Marino, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vatican City. Hardware warranty and technical support is only provided in the country where the Slingbox purchase is made, and only if the purchase was from an authorized reseller. For more information, please refer to your locale's Slingbox Warranty.”
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awful app in every sense
Not only connects to a ton of tracking servers, it needs internet access to connect to your local Slingbox when there’s obviously no need. They inject ads allegedly to pay for the infrastructure, but, if there’s no infrastructure of theirs to maintain when you connect to your local Slingbox using your local network—why should you pay for their infrastructure by watching ads? The remote database? Logitech Harmony has one and they don’t charge their customers.
Moreover, the box constantly need to be setup again for some reason or another and on a computer ‘cause this won’t do.
Support is nonexistent other than a forum where other users will tell you what you already know: there’s no support.
If they go out of business, which at this rate with all the bad decisions they’ve taken might happen any time, you won’t be able to use your Slingbox(es) because they stupidly and needlessly have to connect to their servers to work.
If you, by chance, happen not to already own a Slingbox and are downloading the app to feel things out—don’t, get an HDHomeRun instead which has good support and a large developer community supporting it as well (because SiliconDust, the manufacturer, didn’t do what Sling Media has done for the Slingbox) or at least an AirTV, not a great option either but at least it’s backed by Sling TV.
Technical support Nazi
I had to change the location of my sling box and I wanted to get rid of the component cables because the RCA plugs cased a 60hz hum on my TV. I was told I had to buy an 80$ conversion box. I did so and spent a couple hours with the most cordial and helpful lady. I wanted to hard wire the Ethernet. I connected the Ethernet cable and it did not work. Now the conversion box does not work. I cannot connect the sling box by Ethernet. I have always had WiFi connection and I get a lot of buffering. So I called again and ran into a tech named Kyle that was as nasty and disrespectful as anyone I have ever dealt with. So now I have to pay a fee that get my system running again when it looks like the problem is a defective sling box from the beginning. I ended up hanging up on him. A person like this would not be employed in any company of mine.
Works great on iPhone not get on iPad
I am slinging my AppleTV from my house to where ever I am in the world. It works on my iPhone but I can’t get the remote to come up on any of my iPads (Gen. 4, Apple Air I and 2). So to over come this I must set it up on my iPhone and then go over to my iPad. Also it would be great if you could get slingbox app on AppleTV that would be great instead of using airplay.
As for the rest... love having slingbox as I can watch tv anywhere in the world that had internet.
- Sling Media
- 61.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 Sling Media
- In-App Purchases
- ad-free Slingplayer $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.