Let us entertain you -- with Slingplayer
What does it mean to have the best TV experience? It means getting the absolute most out of the cable and on demand services you already pay for. Only Slingplayer can do that through a single interface, without need of multiple service providers or contracts, or adding more channel apps. It delivers 100% of all your channels anywhere – at home over WiFi, or on-the-go via 3G, 4G, or LTE – even internationally.
Watch and control 100% of the cable or satellite channels you already pay for, live or recorded, on your iPhone anywhere you have an Internet connection —with absolutely no monthly fees
• No blocked shows or games in any location
• Watch your favorite shows and sports on all the channels you subscribe to, even when you’re overseas
• View and manage DVR recordings
• Watch TV on your iPhone in portrait mode while searching through the TV gallery or program guide
• Watch on a second TV in your home, vacation getaway, hotel suite, or dorm room with Apple TV®, Chromecast® or Roku®
• Enjoy a full hand-off of what you’re watching to your Roku or Chromecast; scroll through the program guide or gallery on your phone, multi-task, even take phone calls
• Replace your Slingbox 500 remote control with the iPhone soft remote. That’s one less remote control in your collection
• Absolutely no monthly fees
- iPhone (iOS 8.0+)
- iPod touch (iOS 8.0+)
- Slingbox 500
- Slingbox M2
- Slingbox M1
- SLINGBOX 500
- SLINGBOX 350
- SLINGBOX PRO-HD
- SLINGBOX SOLO
* Slingplayer for iPhone may work on certain Slingboxes prior to SOLO and PRO-HD, in certain configurations. Technical support is not available for such usage. For more details, please refer to the Slingbox compatibility guide at http://support.slingbox.com/KB/KB-2000121. If you own a prior-generation Slingbox, you may be eligible to receive an upgrade discount on a supported model. Please visit http://www.slingbox.com /upgrade for details.
If you are a DISH Network customer, the following devices are NOT compatible with the Slingplayer app. Please download the free DISH Anywhere app.
- Hopper with Sling receiver
- Hopper receiver
- VIP 922 receiver
- Sling Adapter
Watch and control video sources such as:
- Cable set-top box and DVR
- Satellite set-top box and DVR
- Digital Over-the-Air broadcasts (Slingbox PRO-HD only)
- Home security cameras
- Blu-ray/DVD players
To learn more about Slingbox, please visit http://www.slingbox.com.
Note: While the Slingplayer app is available for download in all countries, Slingbox hardware is required, and is only available for purchase from authorized resellers in the following countries: United States, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, Denmark, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, San Marino, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vatican City. Hardware warranty and technical support is only provided in the country where the Slingbox purchase is made, and only if the purchase was from an authorized reseller. For more information, please refer to your locale's Slingbox Warranty.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Quite happy but issue w/latest release
I am having a new problem- either ios12 or sling box latest release- sling player starts spontaneously. Has happened a few times now, wakes me up with the audio. I’ve even killed the ap, went back to bed and it starts an hour later... cannot find where to put this feedback on slingbox website as their community has been closed.
Update: I just upgraded to 12.0.1 and it’s still occurring....
After 3 years of living overseas and missing out on Big 10 sports, I finally made the investment in a Slingbox. I have found it works brilliantly. There is a bit of a lag at times, especially if you want to fast forward or rewind a recorded program, and especially if you’re using AirPlay on your Apple device. Don’t be alarmed if it flashes back to the Apple TV homepage or says it’s disconnected, because it will reconnect itself. Not sure why it does that and it’s only when I’m using AirPlay and FF/Rewind a recorded show. You have a remote icon just like the one at home and can select favourite stations to find shows more easily. I have mine connected to a family members cable box and required their assistance to initially setup my devices. As long as they aren’t using that TV at the same time I want to watch it works fine. If they lose power I need them to restart it. The cable box must be ON AT ALL TIMES but their TV does not. You have to have your devices on the same WiFi network in order to initiate and activate a device, but once you have the app on your device you can be anywhere in the world and watch TV via the Slingplayer app. There is only the initial investment of the box, no monthly fee. I wish I had done it years ago. I have found it to be easy to use and less complicated than trying to find and keep up with having my own VPN.
When I purchased the Slingbox several years ago I was unable to clearly watch television through the Slingbox (at a location where there was very slow Internet service) as there was an unbelievable amount of buffering. Now that I am able to use the Slingbox through my iPhone app casting to my remote television, I now get television coverage as clear as my local television. With the use of Chromecast, the Slingbox deserves a five star rating.
- Sling Media
- 87 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 Sling Media
- In-App Purchases
- ad-free Slingplayer $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.