slingShot Camera Remote Control is perfect for landscape, night, wildlife, and studio photography.
Set up your camera at right position and right angle to make the perfect shot. slingShot will control your camera at places that are hard to reach otherwise. All you will need is an iPhone or iPad.
With slingShot you can control your DSLR camera remotely, change settings, view the smooth LiveView, zoom and tap to have high precision focus. Perfect for night, wildlife, and studio photography.
• Shoot in RAW or jpeg, and download the full size jpegs to view, sort, or share.
• Use the time lapse option for automated interval shooting.
• Remote access to almost all camera settings (aperture, shutter speed, ISO, picture quality etc.)
Sample of features:
• Connect screen clearly lists available DSLR cameras
• Remote LiveView
• Convenient and user friendly controls
• Double tap to touch-focus (select models)
• Easy toggling of LiveView and preview of the last frame in LiveView
• Easy and flexible time lapse
• Fast remote image preview and flexible import options
• Remote image metadata display
• Comprehensive control of camera settings (F-stop, shutter speed, exposure compensation, ISO, picture style, switching between RAW and JPEG, etc.)
• Comprehensive indication of camera settings (F-stop, shutter speed, exposure compensation, ISO, white balance, drive mode, metering mode, picture style, switching between RAW and JPEG, etc.)
• A unique and convenient thumbwheel based control for F-stop and shutter speed numbers
• Clean, intuitive, and informative interface
• Ability to hide controls in order to access the clean image view
• Rule-of-thirds grid overlay
• Shoot in continuous mode
• Shoot in Bulb mode
• Remote image histogram display
• Custom exposure time in bulb mode
• Focal point based focus for Canon 6D and Canon 70D
• Remotely change the white balance, the metering mode, and the drive mode
• Exposure bracketing
• Full size RAW image download and camera info
Supported DSLR cameras:
• Canon EOS 6D, 70D.
• Nikon D5300, D750, Nikon WU-1a adapter compatible cameras listed as supported below (D3200 is not supported at this time)
• iOS 10.3+
-improved camera detection
Ratings and Reviews
Have a Nikon 5500, won't stay connected. Completely useless. Very disappointed
As much as I want to like the app. It does not work with my d3300 (wu-1a wifi). Wish I could give a better review, but I cant even get by the loading screen. Hopefully there will be an update, then I will update my review.
Doesn't work for Canon 6D
Does not work as advertised. While it attempts to connect to my Canon 6D camera, the app is perpetually stuck in getting to connect. The app listed this camera as supported. ITUNES said that this app is "Not eligible for a refund". Seems like a $14 scam to me. DO NOT BUY.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.