Connect to The Tribune app wherever you are.
Receive the latest local and breaking news from San Luis Obispo, Atascadero, Paso Robles, Pismo Beach, Arroyo Grande and other cities on the Central Coast of California. The Tribune and SanLuisObispo.com report on the local topics you care about, including local weather, traffic, crime, sports and national news.
Features of the app include:
• Breaking news alerts and real-time updates.
• The local news and sports topics you care about from around the Central Coast.
• View stunning photos and galleries of news coverage and events.
• The Tribune opinions, editorials and columns you love.
• Ability to share stories and galleries on Facebook, Twitter or by email.
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Tribune app comes with complimentary web access to The Tribune site, as well as access to the eEdition. Subscribe to the app now and get your first month for $1.99. Monthly and annual subscriptions are available for $12.99 per month or $129.99 per year and include unlimited digital access to The Tribune app, eEdition and The Tribune website.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Read our Terms of Service here: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/customer-service/terms-of-service/
We have fixed some small bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Why change something that worked?
On Sunday, September 30, 2019, read the news on my tablet just fine, as I have for the past year or so. On Monday and Tuesday, October 1 and 2, opened the app and still looking at the 9/30 edition. Went to the computer and found that the app changed. Reloaded the app on my tablet and logged in. The old version was fine. This version takes a second to come into focus when you change pages. Now I get pop-up adds I didn’t get before. I went to a settings page where you are supposed to change text size. Made the change and went back to a page. No change. Text is still small and you have to increase it as before except after you get the pop-ups out of the way and the page comes into focus. I took paper delivery until a couple of years ago. I went to the e-edition because I wasn’t getting consistent delivery. Now I have an app that is a nuisance to deal with. Why change something that worked satisfactorily?
Really awful change to the e-edition
The previous digital replica app worked really well on my iPad. The SLO Tribune has done away with that app forcing subscribers to use this one that is really awful. It forces users to a web browser with banners and ads that can’t be minimized to read a digital edition of the print newspaper. It like trying to read a newspaper through a small postage stamp window. If I zoom in, the entire web page zooms so I can’t scroll around the page with my postage stamp window. Instead I must zoom out, find what I want to read and zoom in again Really poor execution. I sent feedback, but the tribune didn’t read my comments, instead replying that I download this app. Sad.
Rating is for Content
The app is “ok” at best. The content is sometimes dated - online allows for up-to-the-minute, fresh content. Most of the time the headlines and articles are slanted to the left and not fact based. Just give us the factual information and let us make our own decisions. Most of us are intelligent enough to decipher facts and draw our own conclusions. You insult us with your opinions disguised as real news articles.
- McClatchy Interactive
- 79.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 The Tribune. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Montly Subscription $12.99
- Annual Subscription $129.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.