****** Please report any crash or question you have to email@example.com ******
SmallChess is a high quality and brilliantly presented chess playing app for iOS. It's suitable for everyone: from beginners to the world champion. You'll improve your chess with a very strong chess engine (ELO 3000+). An ultimate chess master in your pocket!
Improve your chess with our innovative guess-the-move. You'll partner with Magnus Carlsen and Bobby Fischer! You'll also meet Jose Raul Capablanca, Judit Polgar, Garry Kasparov and more!
You can share your chess games with Twitter, Facebook and SMS!
SmallChess is your best compatriot and trainer.
- Play against the computer or yourself
- Play against ELO rating from 500 to 3000!
- Play online chess with FICS
- Tablebase database
- Opening database
- Save and load PGN games. You can also import games from Safari and emails.
- Support PGN variations and annotations
- A massive chess database, played by some of the best chess players in history
- Annotated chess games
- Nine coaching styles, it's totally amazing!
- Save your favourite chess positions to iPhoto or our in-app chess album!
- Share your favourite chess positions with SMS, Email, Twitter and Facebook!
- 10+ visual themes and 30+ sound effects
- Use guess-the-move training to improve your chess. You'll partner with Magnus Carlsen and Bobby Fischer against some of the strongest chess grandmasters.
- Analyse your games with our world-class chess engine
- Chess cartoons, trivia, puzzles, quizzes, and more!
- Chess puzzles: Think Like A Grandmaster and Maths Genius.
- Beauty of Chess.
- Interactive chess experience.
If you ever have a problem with the app or you have a suggestion, please write an email to us. Alternatively, follow us on Facebook or Twitter. You can find our contact details on our website. We answer all enquiries promptly.
*--- Please leave a review if you like this app ---*
Small is Power. You'll be surprised.
Fixed fantasy chess pieces
Ratings and Reviews
This is very good chess to play. Good job, app developer. I have a question. Why Syzygy Chess needed a lot of storage?
Developer Response ,
Because the database files are big.
Good for beginners
I just started learning. The beginning level is really weak, just good enough for me, not like other app's beginning level, which can be very strong actually. Set the Coach to Adviser, and I can get hints whenever I need. Very handy. Other functions are useful too.
Suggestions for SmallChess
After looking at the app, it appears to be better than Stockfish and any other chess apps I've found in most ways. It has the largest amount of options, which I love, and it has a great looking and customizable GUI (something I rarely see). However, there are some suggestions that I think would make the app better than Stockfish in EVERY way. A more flexible board should be implemented, where you wouldn't be limited to playing just one side or both sides, in Stockfish it is easy to switch between sides with ease, having the engine play as white, then black, etc. Also, I believe another playing style after "aggressive" should be implemented, one even far more aggressive like "suicidal". If possible, it would be great if it truly played speculative sacrifices and crazy, almost unplayable gambits like any suicidal modes should, but don't. If these were to be implemented, I would definitely buy the full version! Thank you.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.