****** Please report any crash or question you have to email@example.com ******
SmallChess is a high quality and brilliantly presented chess playing app for iOS. It's suitable for everyone: from beginners to the world champion. You'll improve your chess with a very strong chess engine (ELO 3000+). An ultimate chess master in your pocket!
Improve your chess with our innovative guess-the-move. You'll partner with Magnus Carlsen and Bobby Fischer! You'll also meet Jose Raul Capablanca, Judit Polgar, Garry Kasparov and more!
You can share your chess games with Twitter, Facebook and SMS!
SmallChess is your best compatriot and trainer.
- Play against the computer or yourself
- Play against ELO rating from 500 to 3000!
- Play online chess with FICS
- Tablebase database
- Opening database
- Save and load PGN games. You can also import games from Safari and emails.
- Support PGN variations and annotations
- A massive chess database, played by some of the best chess players in history
- Annotated chess games
- Nine coaching styles, it's totally amazing!
- Save your favourite chess positions to iPhoto or our in-app chess album!
- Share your favourite chess positions with SMS, Email, Twitter and Facebook!
- 10+ visual themes and 30+ sound effects
- Use guess-the-move training to improve your chess. You'll partner with Magnus Carlsen and Bobby Fischer against some of the strongest chess grandmasters.
- Analyse your games with our world-class chess engine
- Chess cartoons, trivia, puzzles, quizzes, and more!
- Chess puzzles: Think Like A Grandmaster and Maths Genius.
- Beauty of Chess.
- Interactive chess experience.
If you ever have a problem with the app or you have a suggestion, please write an email to us. Alternatively, follow us on Facebook or Twitter. You can find our contact details on our website. We answer all enquiries promptly.
*--- Please leave a review if you like this app ---*
Small is Power. You'll be surprised.
Fixed fantasy chess pieces
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is very good chess to play. Good job, app developer. I have a question. Why Syzygy Chess needed a lot of storage?
Developer Response ,
Because the database files are big.
limited and buggy
This free app is limited to 30 fics games. there is another app, handychess, that does the same for you completely free. however handychess has a bug that makes you lose online and has not been updated a long time, so I tried this one, but also this one disconnects from fics, and makes you lose, as soon as phone gives you an external message e.g. battery warning, or phone calling makes you lose the chess game on fics
anytime I want to
explore the menues, it wants me to play a chess game (with the computer) first. I don’t get the benefit, it’s just a nag screen to get tired of the free version. the end game “tablebases” are installed, but when I go
to the end game explorer, it’s empty..
Good for beginners
I just started learning. The beginning level is really weak, just good enough for me, not like other app's beginning level, which can be very strong actually. Set the Coach to Adviser, and I can get hints whenever I need. Very handy. Other functions are useful too.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.