The fastest video converter on the App Store with movie and TV show metadata, subtitles, folder monitoring and batch conversions. Smart Converter Pro 3 is our best version yet.
It’s so easy to use - just drag your video or audio files onto Smart Converter Pro, select an output preset and convert. Smart Converter Pro analyses your files and only converts the bits that need to be converted. This means less waiting and top quality conversions.
The Pro Difference
Smart Converter Pro offers a bunch of amazing features to make your conversions quicker, smarter and more convenient:
* Folder monitoring - convert anything that hits your monitored folders
* Movie and TV Show info - automatically add key info about your movies
* Subtitles - include subtitles, add external subtitles and even load subtitles from the web!
* Audio tracks - include any or all of the audio tracks in your movies
* Batch processing - queue up and convert as many files as you like in one go
* Set destination - you decide where you converted files go
* Automatically send files to Apple TV or Apple Music for you.
* Darkmode support
* Decide whether to send converted files to iTunes (only on macOS older than Catalina)
Why So Smart?
When you drop a media file into Smart Converter Pro and choose a conversion type, it immediately analyses your file and works out what needs to be converted.
In many cases neither the video nor the audio need converting. In some cases just one or the other need converting, and in a few cases both will need converting.
Smart Converter Pro only converts the parts of your movie that need it and leaves the rest alone. This makes Smart Converter Pro faster that every other converter while maintaining the highest possible quality video an audio in the converted movie.
Awesome Workflow Support
Smart Converter Pro has been optimised to not only provide the fastest video conversions possible, but to simply your life also.
This is done by combining powerful automation features which work seamlessly together.
Here's how it works:
- Folder Monitoring: tell Smart Converter Pro which folders it should check for new downloads
- Metadata lookups: Smart Converter Pro will automatically pull in artwork and movie/show descriptions
- Subtitles: set your language preference and if the movie or TV show is in a different language Smart Converter Pro will pull in the required subtitles. Really.
- Send to Apple TV and Apple Music: Once all the magic is done, Smart Converter Pro will add videos to the Apple TV app, ready to watch on AppleTV or sync to your iOS devices. Any audio conversion will be added to Apple Music.
Give the Smart Converter Pro workflow a try and simplify your life.
Fixed a bug that stopped files loading for some users.
Ratings and Reviews
I've been using Smart Converter Pro for some time now, starting with the first generation. It's still my go-to for batch video conversion, but I have to say I'm not very impressed with version 3. It is basically the same as 2, but they've updated it to interface with the TV and Music apps instead of iTunes. Oh, and it supports dark mode, plus a few other cosmetic changes. It's still not super reliable for identifying media types as TV show, movie, or home video (I usually have to run my files through Subler after conversion), and still doesn't let you correct the files in batches. If it thinks that your whole season of a show is actually a home video, you have to go to each file individually to correct it. I'm not sorry that I spent more money on essentially the same application, but I really hope the developers have more fixes in store than what we've seen so far.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. We’re very interested in improving the metadata lookup for Smart Converter Pro. If you could send in a few details and an example to firstname.lastname@example.org, we would be very appreciative.
Doesnt swork for Apple TV
When you set it up in Preferences for your devices and try to steram to AppleTV it states the format is not supported by the TV. Expensive for an app that doest work. To add salt to the wound ver 2 doesnt play way with the new OS X.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear about this issue. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will figure this out.
third version of the same program I have to buy
So instead of updating PRO2, I now have to buy PRO3 if I want it to be compatible with Catalina? Shame on you. It's the same program that I've now had to buy for the third time.
also, apple TV uses a different format for movie/tv show artwork, and these new images you offer according to your preview pic are still in upright poster mode, which looks bad.
Developer Response ,
Hi Boris - that's the way software works. You have to keep paying at regular intervals to keep using it. If we didn't charge for new versions, we wouldn't be able to keep the apps going.
As for the poster art, unfortunately we are limited by the assets we can access, which are all of a vertical orientation. I agree that it doesn't look good on the Apple TV app, and we are trying a few new approaches for how to move it to a landscape orientation.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.