Smart Countdown Timer allows you to use natural language to set, modify and start a countdown on your Mac.
- Our simple and easy to use UI just requires you to enter your countdown time using plain English, such as '1 hour and 35 mins' or 'add 25 mins'
- Resizable user interface with fullscreen support
- Customize the countdown window background
- Change the countdown window opacity
- Ability to lock app window so that it remains in front of all other apps
- A huge choice of audio alerts when the countdown reaches zero
- Popup notification when the countdown completes
- Option to show the countdown in your Dock and Menu Bar
- Light and Dark UI theme
- Use spacebar to pause/start the countdown and cmd+R to restart it
- Use the up and down arrow keys to cycle through previously entered countdowns
- Launch at login
We’ve worked hard to make Smart Countdown Timer as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback, love and support!
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Handy, well-done timer
This timer app suits most of my needs, and for free no less. Three additional features would be a 5 star upgrade. First, a preference option to have the window float on top of all open windows would be very helpful. Maybe as a keyboard toggle to bring to top for quick reference? Second, the ability to use colors would make finding the window easier in some situations. Lastly, an "analog" clockface displaying system time, again as a chooseable or as a toggle-able preference with color options. I would pay several dollars for this versatile combo.
Keeps you on task, great for teaching online
This app earned a permanent spot on my menu bar. I often leave it open and it reminds me that there's probably a 5 minute sprint to break me out of my stalling and procrastination. Also perfect when teaching online and needing to remind students (and myself) of the time remaining for a breakout task.
Could I ask if you could allow us to restart and stop the timer with a click or double click on the entire time windw, instead of just with the small icons in the corner? Perhaps stop and start with a click on the numbers, and a reset to previous settings with a double click. I know that I can currently click and press space to start, and type the time and enter to reset the timer.
Great little app!
Great app to quickly set a count down. It suits my needs and it's free! Smart enough to read different time entries.
A feature suggestion would be an option to toggle and show the local time for when the timer will run out. Like if it's currently 12 PM and the timer has 45 minutes on it then it will show ending time as 12:45 PM. Another feature would be to save a common countdown event for recurring use or save multiple long term upcomming events with a title and description.
Otherwise the app is functioning well and I highly suggest this app if anyone is looking for a countdown timer app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FIPLAB Ltd
- 6.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 FIPLAB Ltd