Smart Countdown Timer allows you to use natural language to set, modify and start a countdown on your Mac.
- Our simple and easy to use UI just requires you to enter your countdown time using plain English, such as '1 hour and 35 mins' or 'add 25 mins'
- Resizable user interface with fullscreen support
- Customize the countdown window background
- Change the countdown window opacity
- Ability to lock app window so that it remains in front of all other apps
- A huge choice of audio alerts when the countdown reaches zero
- Popup notification when the countdown completes
- Option to show the countdown in your Dock and Menu Bar
- Light and Dark UI theme
- Use spacebar to pause/start the countdown and cmd+R to restart it
- Use the up and down arrow keys to cycle through previously entered countdowns
- Launch at login
We’ve worked hard to make Smart Countdown Timer as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback, love and support!
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Handy, well-done timer
This timer app suits most of my needs, and for free no less. Three additional features would be a 5 star upgrade. First, a preference option to have the window float on top of all open windows would be very helpful. Maybe as a keyboard toggle to bring to top for quick reference? Second, the ability to use colors would make finding the window easier in some situations. Lastly, an "analog" clockface displaying system time, again as a chooseable or as a toggle-able preference with color options. I would pay several dollars for this versatile combo.
Fits my needs perfectly!
I do a lot of appointments and meetings, but between them, I need to make use of highly focused intervals of work where it's easy to lose track of time. As someone with ADHD, focus isn't easy - so I don't like having to constantly keep an eye on the time and have that distract me from flow, once I finally achieve it.
This fits the bill perfectly. Sits nicely in the menu bar or on top of my other windows. Typing in times in natural language (e.g., "1:45PM") and having it do the math is the cherry on top. This app shouldn't be free. :)
Desperately needs keyboard focus support
When you activate via Alt+Tab, it should get keyboard focus so you can type a new time, press Enter and start immediately. You shouldn’t have to hover over the app window to gain focus. This is an app you want to interact with for less than a second, you don’t want to spend several seconds finding the mouse/trackpad and hover over the window, which is already active because that’s what Alt+Tab was for!!! To add insult to injury, if you start typing and mistakenly hover OUT of the window (your hand accidentally touches the trackpad), it loses focus and your laptop starts beeping when you type. Then you have to take a hand off the keyboard, find the mouse pointer and hover back in, then return to typing. It is spectacularly stupid.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.