Smart Foods - Organic Diet Buddy on your Phone, Tablet, and Apple Watch.
Organic food is the safer choice when it comes to buying produce, as conventional varieties often contain high levels of pesticide residues. However, not everyone can afford to go 100% organic every time they shop. This app is a guide to which fruits and vegetables you should buy organic. There are some fruits/veggies that you should always buy organic, if possible, because their conventionally grown counterparts tend to be laden with pesticides.
By avoiding the foods most contaminated with pesticide residues, consumers can reduce their pesticide exposure by 80% without affecting their budgets.
* Farmer's Markets information for all 50 States so you can include local produce in your diet.
* Farmers Market locator, just click the pin in the top right corner to find markets nearest you.
* Nutritional info - know what vitamins each fruit and vegetable have, and what diseases they are good at protecting you against.
* Prep information - Know how to correctly wash and prepare the fruits and vegetables.
* Pesticide profiles of Fruits & Vegetables - How much is used, and if they they a residue.
* GMO information - Know what fruits and vegetables are commonly GMO.
* Daily Fruit and Vegetable requirement calculator for optimum health
* Favorites list - Add to your favorites by clicking the "heart +" icon in the top right corner for a quick reference to your favorite foods and markets. Great to use as a shopping list too!
Eat better with our simple tips and a farmer's market locator so you can find the good stuff locally. Add favorites and calculate how many fruits and vegetables you should be eating daily. Let the good health begin!
WHAT ARE PESTICIDES
Pesticides are used to repel, control or kill organisms in order to reduce their negative impact on agricultural products. Modern pesticides target weeds, insects, bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi and other pests that reduce agricultural yield.
Excessive pesticide contamination can be harmful to human health. Even after washing, some fruits and vegetables consistently carry much higher levels of pesticide residue than others.
Pesticide information was taken from the latest FDA study published 2014.
Optimized for latest iOS version.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing app... breaks down every veggie/fruit/grain and tells you if and when you should buy it organic, why you should or shouldn’t , how to prep it, and nutrition facts.
Helping my children make healthier choices!
My children are so excited to go to the grocery store with me. As soon as we walk in the doors, they have my phone and this app open. They check every single produce item we buy. I love it!!! They love it and best of all they are learning how to eat clean and healthy.
First day using
Just downloaded last night and used it in the grocery store this morning. So far I like it, was helpful in deciding on what to buy 🍎🍓🍐🥝
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.