SMART Recovery® is: Self Management And Recovery Training.
The SMART Recovery Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) is a tool for helping people recover from all types of addiction and addictive behaviors, including: drug abuse, drug addiction, substance abuse, alcohol abuse, gambling addiction, cocaine addiction, prescription drug abuse, sexual addiction, and problem addiction to other substances and activities.
A CBA is divided into 4 sections:
1. Advantages of using/doing: What do I enjoy about my addiction, what does it do for me?
2. Disadvantages of using/doing: What do I hate about my addiction, what does it do to me?
3. Advantages of NOT using/doing: What do I think I will like about giving up my addiction?
4. Advantages of NOT using/doing: What do I think I won't like about giving up my addiction?
This is not a do once and forget about it exercise. It is an ongoing project. Most people simply can't remember all of the positive and negative aspects of addiction and recovery at any one time. Furthermore, seeing all the negative consequences of addiction listed in one place is very powerful. On the positive side, no one really knows what they like or don't like about living free of their addiction until they have done so for some time. SMART Recovery has members who have continued to add items to all four questions for a full 6 months.
- Easier to view and maintain CBA's, simply swipe left and right to view each CBA section
- Fixes bug to allow cancel when adding/editing a CBA Item
- Improves layout of the About pages, adds additional links to SMART Recovery Facebook, Twitter, and App Store
Ratings and Reviews
A good place to start
A good 1st step in honestly evaluating your relationship with your substance of choice
So much potential, but
This app has not been updated in almost a year. The subject is so important and the resources that Smart Recovery has a remarkable. Smart Recovery is very good at recommending a variety of tools to work with, especially if you are having a difficult time. It is just so sad that this app is barely recognizable as a useful tool. Perhaps Smart Recovery could build an interactive (game like, but not really a game) app. One that utilizes all the remarkable technology available since this app was released. The goal being to provide quick helpful access with all of the recommended tools.
At long last and looking forward 2 many add ons after CBA..Good one 4 start!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.