Smart Ride® empowers your commute by providing real-time arrivals and alerts for many major North American transit agencies.
** TIME.com "50 Best iPhone Apps" for 2012 **
** Winner of LA Metro Developer Challenge for the best NextBus Mobile App **
Transportation helps define the values of our society. A good transportation system gives all people more choices for where to live, work, and have fun. Having a reliable system with accurate and predictable information gives you freedom to spend your time on what matters to you most in life.
So sit back and relax, Smart Ride has you covered. Those few extra minutes in the morning with the kids, people watching at the cafe, or just staying out of the rain, can really make all the difference in your day.
* Instant access to transit routes near your current location!
* Accurate real-time GPS-based vehicle arrival predictions! (realtime where available)
* Live transit alerts and advisories!
* Watch your progress in real-time on your route's journey!
* Plan a trip across multiple agencies -- NEW!
* Remember your favorite stops for quick glance info.
* Bird's eye view on our map of stop details.
* Browse our supported areas to help plan your next vacation.
SUPPORTED TRANSIT REGIONS
- New York, NY
- Greater Boston Area, MA
- Chicago, IL
- Los Angeles County, CA
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Toronto, Canada
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Ventura County, CA
- Seattle, Washington
- Portland, Oregon
- Washington DC
- Florida (Tampa, Miami-Dade, Broward County, Pinellas County)
- New Jersey (PATH, PATCO, NJ Transit)
- Atlanta, GA
- Austin, TX
- Orange County, CA
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Louisville, KY
- San Diego, CA
- Reno, NV
And many others!!
Please check our website for the most up-to-date list of our supported agencies. We are constantly adding new cities, but if you don't see your city listed, please email us and we will work with your local transit agency to add support!
PLEASE SEND US YOUR FEEDBACK
Thank you for your continued support on this rapidly evolving product! If you have comments or feedback, or would like to report a problem, please contact us at support @ smartrideapp.com. Remember ot include your city, transit agency, routes or stops, and any other pertinent location information so we can troubleshoot your issue. Our goal is to make Smart Ride THE BEST Transit App out there.
We look forward to hearing from you!
"Smart Ride" is a registered trademark of Smart Ride, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
** NEW AGENCIES **
- Santa Monica Big Blue Bus, Los Angeles County, CA
- LAWA Shuttles, Los Angeles Airport, Los Angeles, CA
- Fort Worth "The T", Fort Worth, TX
- Indianapolis International Airport, Indianapolis, IN
- Mission Bay Shuttle, San Francisco, CA
- Nova Southeaster University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Brockton Area Transit Authority, Brockton, MA
- Winston-Salem Transit Authority, Winston-Salem, NC
* Bug fixes and improvements to battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
Use it daily, loved it until...
I use this daily. It has always been reliable. However, I found out today that there is a discrepancy between the arrival times of a stop on your favorites pages and the actual arrival times of that same stop on the regular display page. Not good. My favorites page said my bus was arriving in 14 minutes. I've been waiting here for about 10, so I checked the app. On the regular page, it now said the bus was arriving in 18 minutes instead of 4. Fix this please.
Helpful transit app.
Usually reliable in the morning. In the evening not so much. There are times when my bus shows a 3 minute arrival to a 63 minute arrival. That could be more about the downtown traffic. Would be nice to know that bus broke down/detour features. Also only reliable if your bus’s tracking system is engaged.
Still it’s good to know what transit options one has nearby when out & about without a car
This app, for my purposes, would be almost perfect except for the 36 Teresita (SF Muni) line, in all directions. The bus may pass one stop, but it goes up the hill and loops around and will pass by that same stop around five to seven minutes later. The app either doesn't show some stop(s) or the same time for both stops.
Otherwise, pretty darn good app.
- Smart Ride, Inc.
- 7.1 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Smart Ride, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.