"Smart salt - Sodium tracker" is an app that helps you to avoid going over the recommended daily sodium consumption. It calculates how much sodium you eat per day.
On average, a man eats about 25 grams of salt per day without realising! This quantity can cause serious health problems. Download this application and keep an eye on your salt intake.
- controls salt or sodium
- tracks the average consumption
- calculates your daily consumption
- offers wide list of food choice and the ability creating your own types
- lets you review all your historical data
- diagrams and statistics
- shares sodium intake data with Health app
Ratings and Reviews
Nice for tracking, but
This app is very helpful in counting my sodium intake. What I have a problem with is that sodium values are usually way off the mark and there is no other measuring values than ounces. No cups or or spoon measurements. I have to use the Calorie King app to get accurate calculations. For example rice on this app is 440 mg of sodium for 4 ounces. If you look at nutrition info on the bag it says 0 mg. Please look into your calculations!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for your review!
The app has all the features that you mentioned, we are sorry if it wasn’t clear enough.
* To change between Metric and American system you should go to settings from the main screen and select “units of measure” option.
* To select spoons or cups: press “add food” on the main screen, select product, then by taping on food image (left one on the top) there would be different measurement options.
I sure don't know why this is listed as a free app. I haven't used it yet, but you can't get a single thing without paying $3.99 to download SOME (a small amount, I think ) of food items. Too bad it's the only choice the App Store offers.
6 hours later. This app is horrible. You can't read the entries info and tons of common stuff aren't even listed. I think you are supposed to be able to add items but it extremely limits how you can add things and It makes you add an icon even though none of their icons even remotely relates to your item. It won't let you add "6 cookies". You have to put it in ounces. Who in the world measures Oreo cookies by ounces? I am going to see if I can get my money back.
I want a refund!
I can’t believe I paid for this app. It’s clunky at best and doesn’t have access to name brand or even common low-sodium foods. It does offer custom-entered foods. I also bought the upgraded version thinking I would be able to search for certain foods in my diet. Nope. I was able to keep a food diary on a free app that I can search for the food I eat, choose the amount of servings and even scan bar codes to bring up foods - pre-packaged or fresh. So much faster and easier! MyFitnessPal’s free version makes this one obsolete.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Victoria Zimina
- 77.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © (с) Zimina
- In-App Purchases
- Smart salt. Full version. $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.