We released an App that helps the fruit growth of tomatoes by using the vibration function of the iPhone device.
-- What kind of App is SmartBumblebee? --
● This is an application that helps the fruit growth of tomatoes by using the vibration function of the iPhone device.
● This app helps pollinating tomato flowers by replacing the bumblebees action of vibrating tomato flowers and collecting pollen.
● Users can save the information regarding usage to manage the work history and to keep track for future improvement of the pollination process.
＊this app can also be used to pollinate other vegetables (ie. eggplants and peppers).
-- Who is this app useful for? --
People who want to:
● grow tomatoes on a small scale.
● ensure effective fruit growth of tomatoes, to improve the yield and fruit quality.
● produce tomatoes without using chemicals.
● keep a history of work and manage fruit growth efficiently.
-- How to use this App--
【Pollination process by device vibration function】
When you find a flower that is in full bloom, touch the device at the base stem of the flower bunch to vibrate it entirely.
↓This site also explains in detail how to use this app.
【Characteristics of each vibration mode】
As a method of vibrating the device, (1) 1-shot mode and (2) hold mode can be used.
(1) 1-shot mode :
● Tap the button to vibrate the device once.
● When vibrated, the gauge inside the button advances and reset when not in use.
● If you over-vibrate continuously, it will lock for 10 seconds to limit excessive continuous use to reduce the burden on the device.
(2) hold mode :
● Slide the button up to turn hold mode on and vibrate continuously.
● This mode also supports avoiding overuse of the ‘1-shot function’ which locks it.
【How to improve pollination effect】
(1) Check the vibration characteristics of the device used :
● Check which part of your phone vibrates the strongest.
● Touch the target and vibrate it using this part of the phone.
(2) Check the growing condition :
● If the tomatoes grow poorly, don’t pollinate the flowers because they may not grow.
● Take necessary care to ensure good growth before pollination.
(3) Flower condition that needs to be processed :
● Pollination process starts when the flower at the root is available and continues at a certain period until the flower at the tip has completed pollination.
(4) Weather conditions and time of day for pollination:
● In seasons with a minimum temperature of 10°C or higher and a maximum temperature of 35°C or lower.
● Use on sunny or cloudy weather, avoid processing on rainy days.
● More effective in the mornings.
(5) How to check if the fruit has settled after processing :
● When the fruit set is complete, the ovary becomes glossy and swelling (7 mm or more).
● The estimated period from after treatment (flowering) to confirmation of fruit set :
- Summer (daily average temperature is 20 ° C or higher) → After treatment: 4 to 6 days.
- Spring and Autumn (daily average temperature is 10 to 20 ° C) → After treatment: 5 to 7 days.
【Addition and display of pollination work history】
(1) Add history
The following information can be saved as a history :
● Date and time of use.
● Image of flowers when using.
● A number of vibrations.
● Extra notes.
(2) View history
● Display in graph and list format :
- Display the saved history in list format.
- Display the number of vibrations on each day in a bar graph format.
● Calendar format :
- Days with history are marked on the calendar.
- Displays the history contents for each day.
【App settings on the settings screen】
● Camera function usage permission setting.
● Turning the display upside down the display.
● Language settings.
● Hide ads (Paid service of $0.99).
-- Please take note: --
● This app does not guarantee pollination or fruit growth of plants (e.g.tomatoes eggplants and peppers).
● The app developer is not responsible for any problems related to misuse of this application.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Yoji Nakajima
- 8.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- ©2021 tomato-love.com
- In-App Purchases
- NoAds $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.