Do you want to know your prescription details?
The SmartBuyGlasses Lens Scanner is here to help! Lens Scanner is a tool for extracting your prescription details from your current glasses. If you have glasses but don’t know where your original prescription is, this service will help save time and money in the process of buying new glasses.
Lens Scanner is currently offered FREE OF CHARGE. In comparison, an eye exam to retrieve your prescription typically costs between $100 and $250. This service is offered by SmartBuyGlasses.com as a part of our commitment to making eyewear and eye care affordable for everyone.
What are the benefits of using Lens Scanner?
• Free of charge
• Fast and hassle-free – it only takes 5 to 10 minutes!
• Anywhere, anytime
• FDA listed application
• You can immediately start shopping for a new pair on SmartBuyGlasses.com
How it works
• Scan Your Lenses – Sync the app with your computer and follow a few easy steps to scan your lenses.
• Get Your Prescription and Pupillary Distance (PD) – Free of charge you will get your accurate prescription details.
• Buy Prescription Eyewear – Shop our extensive collection with 2-year warranty, free shipping, 100-day returns, and best price guarantee.
What do I need to use the Lens Scanner?
All you need is a smartphone with a functional camera, a magnetic card, and a computer (desktop or laptop) with a 12” screen or larger. Download the app and we will guide you through the easy steps of the process.
Who can use the Lens Scanner?
• Healthy individuals, 18 or older
• Stable vision who are happy with their current prescription
• Single vision prescription between -6.00 and +3.00
• Cylinder measurement lower than -2.50
You should not use Lens Scanner if you:
• Have a progressive, multifocal, or bifocal prescription
• Have a prescription that includes a prism measurement
• Have a high single-vision (distance or reading) and/or astigmatism powers
• Take any medication that affects your vision
• Have any illness or condition that affects eye health (refer to your doctor )
How accurate are the measurements?
Prescription measurements are very accurate and are in line with the standard range of deviation as in any doctor’s office. Retrieved prescription details within a range of +/- 0.25 diopters which is the industry standard. Pupillary distance (PD) measurement is proven accurate within a +/- 1 mm.
What is a PD?
PD, or Pupillary Distance, is the distance (in millimeters) between your pupils. This measurement is important for your glasses providers, as it is used to fit your glasses to your eyes. The distance between the optical centers of your lenses should be the same as the distance between your pupils.
Is the test a full eye exam?
No. Lens Scanner retrieves the current prescription from your glasses as well as measures the distance between your pupils. This tool does not replace a medical eye exam which should be done every two years.
SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group - the world’s leading designer glasses e-commerce company. With operations across Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Americas, our portfolio of domain properties are market leaders in over 20 countries, including SmartBuyGlasses.com in the US and VisionDirect.com.au in Australia.
Through our relationships with some of the world’s leading suppliers, we’ve been able to provide some of the most exclusive eyewear brands such as Ray-Ban, Oakley, Gucci, Prada, and many more.
SmartBuyGlasses is working together with some of the world's top NGO's to restore eyesight in the developing world, giving some of the world's poorest communities an opportunity to change their lives.
Brand new Lens Scanner app by SmartBuyGlasses!
Lens Scanner is a tool for extracting your prescription details from your current glasses. If you have glasses but don’t know where your original prescription is, this service will help save time and money in the process of buying new glasses.
Additionally, Lens Scanner also measures your pupillary distance (PD) in a heartbeat! You will get all the prescription details you need to buy a new pair of prescription eyeglasses!
Ratings and Reviews
Forgot where my prescription was when I was buying online and with this app it told me !! Well done! Why go to an optom anymore when you can just scan, browse, try and buy all with smartbuyglasses! Well done !
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thank you for your feedback! We are happy you like our app that we were able to save you money and time! Don't forget to check out our latest eyewear!
It’s amazing what technology can do these days! Very impressive and extremely convenient!
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are amazed by our app! Don't forget to check out our latest eyewear!
- Motion Global Limited
- 41.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Motion Global Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.