SmartHanzi Lite translates Chinese words in web pages on the fly.
SmartHanzi Lite is a Safari extension. The lite version is restricted to HTML documents and just shows the pronunciation and basic meanings, but it has the major benefit of not needing "copy and paste". This is especially convenient for users working daily with numerous HTML documents, e.g. webmail.
Translations show directly in a popup over the web page. All words recognized at the mouse position are listed.
- CEDICT (English).
- CFDict (français).
- HanDeDict (deutsche).
- DDB (Digital Dictionary of Buddhism, short definitions only).
After installation, enable the extension with Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
Settings can be changed directly from Safari:
- Choose preferred dictionary.
- Temporarily disable/enable extension.
- Dictionaries updated.
- Additional dictionary: CJKV-E (English Dictionary of Confucian, Daoist, and Intellectual Historical Terms)
- Application recognizes equivalent traditional variants, e.g. 眞 for 真.
Ratings and Reviews
but can't figure out how to enable specific dictionaries....
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the late answer. I couldn't figure out how to be notified of user reviews! Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any problem. The answer: (1) Click the "中" button to enable the extension. (2) Click the "中" button again to show available dictionaries. Select the dictionary you want to use. (3) To show multiple dictionaries concurrently, use the full SmartHanzi app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jean SOULAT
- 21.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © Jean Soulat 2009-2019. All rights reserved.