SmartHanzi Lite translates Chinese words in web pages on the fly.
SmartHanzi Lite is a Safari extension. The lite version is restricted to HTML documents and just shows the pronunciation and basic meanings, but it has the major benefit of not needing "copy and paste". This is especially convenient for users working daily with numerous HTML documents, e.g. webmail.
Translations show directly in a popup over the web page. All words recognized at the mouse position are listed.
- CEDICT (English).
- CFDict (français).
- HanDeDict (deutsche).
- DDB (Digital Dictionary of Buddhism, short definitions only).
After installation, enable the extension with Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
Settings can be changed directly from Safari:
- Choose preferred dictionary.
- Temporarily disable/enable extension.
Easier to disable/enable extension:
- With toolbar button: disable/enable button more easily accessible.
- Added in contextual menu: right click on the web page.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.