SmashTunes is a very nice menu bar item that lets you control Music as well as Spotify. It displays information about the currently playing song as well and can also display artwork.
SmashTunes offers hot keys to control Spotify or Music too. These hot keys control both apps system wide. Besides that, SmashTunes makes sure that Spotify is paused when you start listening to Music and the other way around.
- Song information in the menu bar
- Music and Spotify control from the menu bar
- Artwork display
- System-wide shortcut key support for all control functions
- Media key support
- Song ratings and love tracks
- Direct playlist selection
- Automatically rate tracks that are loved (and love tracks that are rated)
- Fixed issue where Spotify would start playing instead of Music/iTunes
- Keyboard shortcuts from the ratings menu now work right away
- Fixed potential crash when another application would start
- Hotkeys with left-right arrows were not working
- "Select in Music" was not working
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
What a Marvalious App!
I was looking for an easy way to see what was playing and rate my music. I didn't expect convenient features of hot keys (they work for me Meemaw312), easy customization, great readable font, and even cover art if you want it. Five stars if my suggestions for time remaing count down and dimmed stars for no rating make it. :)
Playlists from the Menu Bar!
The functionality of this app goes above and beyond similar menu bar iTunes controllers that just let you pause and skip. You can see a menu of all your playlists as well and start them directly from the menu bar. This is way more efficient than going back into iTunes just to change a playlist.
Love this thing, need one feature
I use this constantly and is always better to get a quick look at what's playing by just looking at menu bar.
But i need one feature. Currently you can have duration show in the bar, but i wish that it would countdown as the song plays so i can at a glance know exactly how much is left in the song. Why this isnt there already is beyond me. Please add!!
I could also see a progress bar sit below the the info displayed to show song progress if the countdown is too distracting. A subtly line starting on the left and filling to the right as the song goes on would be awesome.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.