Smithsonian Mobile is your digital mobile guide to the Smithsonian, built collaboratively with our visitors. Find out what’s on where, discover highlights, search our collections, access tours, podcasts and other apps. Add tips and photos from your visit for other visitors, or share your experiences and photos with Twitter and Facebook followers and friends.
What can you do with Smithsonian Mobile?
• Plan your visit with museum hours, locations, floor plans, and more. "Favorite” events and exhibitions to create your own custom tour or scrapbook of your visit.
• Find our other mobile apps and websites and dig deeper into our stories. Tour collection highlights, watch videos, and listen to podcasts.
• Search our collections to make connections between museums, history, art and science.
• Use augmented reality (AR), "Smithsonian that Way," to discover the behind-the-scenes work of the Smithsonian's museums, research centers, libraries, archives, and affiliates in your neighborhood.
We want to hear from you! Log in via Facebook or Twitter to comment on our museums, collections, exhibitions, and artifacts. Share your expertise or tips!
Continually refreshed and renewed by both visitors and Smithsonian experts, there’s always a reason to come back to Smithsonian Mobile whether you’re on the National Mall, in a Smithsonian museum or beyond!
Developed for the Smithsonian by Tristan Interactive.
App and UI Improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Error Page 404
I chose the extended hours link and got an error. Tried that with several of the museums. I had to use Google to find out info. Other than that it is good.
For an official app from the Smithsonian Institution, I expected much better. The app is difficult to navigate for a DC visitor just looking for a quick map.
Once you find the map within the menu, it’s very glitchy - if you click on one of the places, a handy pop up displays the museum/monument name, aaand then won’t go away. I’ve had to force kill the app & restart to see other points of interest.
There’s an interesting “My Favorites” menu item that sounded useful for a tourist. I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to actually add anything to said Favorites, but finally noticed if I searched for something (again through the main menu) I can then add the museum/exhibit/etc to Favorites - very clunky.
I downloaded the National Park Service’s National Mall app (whew there’s a mouthful), and so far it’s exactly what I was looking for. You’re probably better off with that one if you’re looking for more of a Mall-area tourist app.
Great! They must have fixed it.
The other reviews are old. It shows all the museums on the home page and you can click on the map that shows them all. Click on a museum and it give you hours, floor plan by floor, description, etc. what else do you need? Yes it requires an 85 mg download after install.
- Smithsonian Institution
- 13.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Smithsonian Institution
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.