The SmootForecastApp OS X application provides easy to use time series forecasting capabilities. While sophisticated algorithms are used under the hood to provide forecasts, the user interface is intended to be simple so non-experts can access the capabilities. Some of the features provided are:
- Time series input can be from an existing text file or entered one line at a time by hand. The results can then be saved into a text file.
- Basic defaults so a forecast can be generated immediately. Help is provided with several complete examples with accompanying screen shots.
- Outlier filtering is provided with the ability to change the outlier filter window (which usually is some multiple of any seasonal cycle). But a general default window value is provided.
- Seasonal cycle can be specified or automatically generated if there is a detectable seasonal cycle.
- The most common trends are supported; linear and damped.
- An existing most recent portion of the time series can be held back and the remaining series used to generate a forecast for that period to see the effectiveness the current settings.
- Results are graphed in a simple display.
- Each aspect of the forecast process can be printed; from series input to series graph. It is up to the user to select which aspects are printed or which can be saved into PDF documents (if any).
Fixed MASE holdback metric calculation. Improved internal code implementation.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.