Comprehensive but simple to use and free time series forecasting.
The SmootForecastApp macOS application provides easy to use time series forecasting capabilities. While sophisticated algorithms are used under the hood to provide forecasts, the user interface is intended to be simple so non-experts can access the capabilities. Some of the features provided are:
- Time series input can be from an existing text file or entered one line at a time by hand. The results can then be saved into a text file.
- Basic defaults so a forecast can be generated immediately. Help is provided with several complete examples with accompanying screen shots.
- Automatic selection of forecast settings can be enabled.
- Outlier filtering is provided.
- Seasonal cycle can be specified or automatically generated if there is a detectable seasonal cycle. Also chaotic "seasonality" is supported.
- The most common trends are supported; linear and damped.
- An existing most recent portion of the time series can be held back and the remaining series used to generate a forecast for that period to see the effectiveness the current settings.
- Results are graphed in a simple display.
- Each aspect of the forecast process can be printed; from series input to series graph. It is up to the user to select which aspects are printed or which can be saved into PDF documents (if any).
Version 3.1 Changes
1. Changed to use standard Mac fonts so display and input will work properly on all Macs.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- John Eldreth
- 2.9 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © SmoothForecast.com