SmoovieCam turns your iOS device into a remote camera for use with Smoovie - the popular stop motion animation app on your Mac.
SmoovieCam wirelessly sends the camera feed from your iOS device to Smoovie on your Mac where you can use onion skinning and a suite of live effects to make amazing stop motion animations.
* Auto connect - Smoovie for Mac will automatically find iOS devices running SmoovieCam.
* Capture images with a tap in SmoovieCam or, to minimise camera movement, control capture from Smoovie on your Mac.
* Tap to focus.
* Use the front or back camera.
* Run SmoovieCam on multiple iOS devices to capture scenes from different angles.
** SmoovieCam requires a Mac running the Smoovie stop motion animation app which is available on the Mac App Store. All devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network. **
* New app icon and graphics.
* Now requires iOS 12 or later.
Ratings and Reviews
no control over camera settings, even zoom
This would be a great app if you could do anything more than focus the camera. Third-party webcams are not great for Macs, so it would be terrific to use the iPhone 6s’s good camera to shoot Smoovie frames. But in SmoovieCam, the camera is stuck on its widest zoom, and there’s no control over zoom, ISO, white balance, or anything else that can help create a quality image and therefore better movie in Smoovie. Hope this functionality gets added — otherwise it’s too limited to be useful.
- Open Planet Software Limited
- 607.2 KB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Open Planet Software Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.