The creator of the original mobile Snake is back!
Taneli Armanto and Rumilus Design have joined forces to bring you Snake Rewind! Iconic elements and intuitive gameplay from the original Snake are combined with cool visual effects, sounds and many new features. The result is a game that will entertain, challenge and delight you time after time!
- Rewind the snake to continue the game even after crashing!
- Many different types of special fruit, with unique powers and effects!
- 12 levels with distinct visuals and music, unlocked by completing fun and challenging missions!
- Fruit store where boosters and items can be upgraded and purchased, using fruit that you collect while playing!
- Compete against other players for higher scores and rankings on the leaderboards, connect with friends on Facebook and Game Center!
- Fill the whole screen with the snake and find out what happens then!
- Fixed bug about filling screen with snake without being able to proceed
- Fruit appearance now improved from previous version
- Added missing texts in following languages: Portuguese, Turkish, Lithuanian
- Other small bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
It's a really fresh view on the classic snake game defiantly worth downloading
MFi Support, Please!
I want to love this game. It definitely has the spirit of the original Snake, and I like the retro level skins and the task-based unlocking system. Also really nice that it's not a pay-to-win type of thing. Like many of the other reviewers, I find the the controls irritating enough to knock two stars off it, especially on a large screen like the iPad where you have to very quickly move your hand to the top or bottom of the screen and then get the not-very-responsive timing right for tap, or just pray it understands your swipe correctly. Aside from fixing the on-screen controls (put in a virtual d-pad option and include a sensitivity slider), this is one game where MFi support (BT gamepads) would be incredibly helpful and probably stupidly easy to implement. Fix the controls and I'll happily rate it a 4 or 5.
Oct Update Makes Game Worse
Before the update a few days ago, I gave this game five stars, and I’ve spent way too much time playing it before that. But the update makes a seemingly minor change that makes the game much more difficult and at least in some cases impossible to continue.
New fruit used to appear immediately when another fruit was eaten. Now it sort of fades into existence, which means a few things:
- When you have a magnet and a nearly full screen, you won’t get nearly as high a score as was previously possible because the new fruit doesn’t appear as quickly.
- In at least one game I was stuck in an infinite loop because the screen was almost completely full but no new fruit would appear because there wasn’t enough time for it to fade in before the snake reached that square. So the game reverted to just moving the snake with no advancement possible.
The fade in of the fruit is kind of cool looking, but makes the game much worse to play. Still, it’s good for a while, until you start to get good enough to reach higher scores (>20,000 or so).
- Rumilus Design Oy
- 76 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Rumilus Design Oy
- In-App Purchases
- Basket of Fruit $2.99
- Fruit Multiplier (eat one, get two) $2.99
- Bag of Fruit $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.