Snap + Core First is the leading symbol-based AAC app for non-verbal individuals who have difficulties speaking, including those with autism, Down Syndrome, Rett Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, aphasia, and intellectual disabilities. This AAC app is designed to let users start communicating quickly and guide them from their first words to literacy. Snap + Core First provides the path for users to stay engaged as they learn and grow their language skills. It is also easy for parents, teachers, and speech therapists to learn how to use.
Snap + Core First includes the following languages: English (US), English (UK), English (US)/Spanish Bilingual, German, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Spanish (Latin American), Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazil), French, Spanish (Latin American)/English (US) Bilingual, French (Canadian)/English (US) Bilingual, Spanish (ES).
“This app has been a game changer for my classroom. My students are progressing faster academically, verbal language has increased, clarity has improved, and behaviors have drastically decreased!” – Kim L, Teacher
Research-based for success
Core First, which is based on research by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, helps the communicator continuously build vocabulary and skills and takes advantage of motor learning by introducing new vocabulary systematically and purposefully. It is built on three pillars for communication success: growth, engagement, and literacy. The success of the Snap + Core First platform stems from features that let a user naturally engage with others like:
• The cohesive use of the Core Word framework
• Popular pagesets or communication boards
• Quick Phrases
• Behavior Supports
• Word Lists
Designed for easy customization and consistency
Snap + Core First makes it easy to:
• Edit and change grid sizes (12 to choose from)
• Drag and drop with common functions
• Link pages
• Find words quickly thanks to a special Search tool
A wide variety of Acapela voices are also available as free downloads.
A comprehensive ecosystem of support
Snap + Core First is backed by an unparalleled and free ecosystem of resources and support that include:
• Pathways for Core First, a free companion app that offers a guided experience to successfully implement Core First.
• Core First Books and Lessons
• Boardmaker Student Center app (contains the Core First Learning instructional solution)
• Customer and technical support
• Knowledge base support articles
Discounts available with Apple’s educational Volume Purchase Program (VPP) – 50% off 20 licenses or more.
● Snap now has support for Spanish (Spain).
● New Active Content feature allows buttons to display dynamic information such as current date, time, battery level, and more.
● New actions: Toggle Chat Mode and Pause Access Method.
● Selection Feedback Sound is now available in all Access Methods. When enabled, a “click” sound will play when non-speaking buttons are selected.
● The Outline highlight style now has three thickness options: Thin, Medium, and Heavy.
● New scanning options:
– Zoom (all scan types) — enlarge the highlighted object.
– Delay Between Selections (all scan types) — a type of release time.
– Speak Full Audio Cue Before Advancing (Inverse Scan and 1 Switch Autoscan) — for those users who need to hear the entire audio cue instead of having the scan highlight advance at a consistent speed.
● New scanning Access Method types:
– 1 Switch Scan
– 1 Switch Dwell Scan
– Inverse Scan
● The Close buttons on Behavior Support popups and the Choose AccessIT Device dialog are now easier to select using Eye Gaze.
● Improved handling of the eye tracker when recording IR signals with the Surface Pro EM+.
● The New User Wizard has been updated.
● Keyboard buttons now allow multiple characters.
● Improved performance of the Select All button editing tool.
● Button Editing Tool icons have been updated for improved clarity.
● The button to show or hide the button editing tool labels has been restyled and moved to the bottom right corner of the Snap window.
● Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Volume randomly stops working
Great app but when the volume randomly stops working, how is that beneficial to a person using it to communicate?
- Tobii Dynavox LLC
- 1.6 GB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Tobii Dynavox
- In-App Purchases
- METACOM Symbols $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.