Supported Digital Cameras as of July 2020
D6, Z 7, Z 6, Z 50, D850, D780, D500, D7500, D5600, D3500, D3400, COOLPIX P1000, P950, A1000, A900, A300, B700, B500, B600, W300, W150, W100, KeyMission 80
The foregoing may include models not available in some regions.
Be sure to update the camera firmware to the latest version.
Use a computer to download the latest camera firmware from the Nikon Download Center.
- Once the camera is paired with your smart device, new photos can be downloaded automatically.
- Adjust camera settings and take photos.
- View the pictures on and download photos from the camera.
- Use the app to pair the device with up to five cameras.
- Automatically upload pictures taken with the camera to NIKON IMAGE SPACE (Note 1).
- View downloaded photos or share them via e-mail or social media.
- Add photo info or text to uploaded photos.
- Download location data to the camera (Note 2) or set the camera clock to the time reported by the smart device.
- Receive notifications of firmware updates for paired cameras.
iOS 11.4, iOS 12.4, iOS13.5
Bluetooth 4.0 or later
There is no guarantee that this app will run on all devices.
- Note 1: Upload to NIKON IMAGE SPACE requires a Nikon ID.
- Note 2: The GPS function runs continuously in the background, increasing the drain on the battery. The drain on the battery can be reduced by choosing power-saving mode. This feature is not recommended for use with devices not equipped with GPS.
- If you are unable to download images or connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi after pairing, try one or more of the following solutions:
- Turn the paired camera off and then on again.
- Switch tabs in SnapBridge.
- Exit and relaunch SnapBridge.
- Users can register for a Nikon ID using this app.
- Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when using this app.
- Remote movie recording is not supported on some cameras.
- Movies can be downloaded by switching to Wi-Fi and selecting the files manually.
- Upload/download of AVI and interlaced movies is not supported.
- 4K UHD movies transfer and playback are not supported on some devices.
- Remote photography and movie download are available only if the camera has Wi-Fi (some cameras only).
- Keep the app displayed in the foreground when downloading images from the camera via Wi-Fi. Download is not available when the app is running in the background.
- The app may not perform as expected depending on your environment and network conditions.
Using the App
For more information, use the app "Help" option.
Thank you for using SnapBridge. We have improved the app based on user feedback.
The firmware update notification feature has been improved.
We have improved usability.
An issue that prevented certain COOLPIX cameras pairing with iOS devices has been resolved.
Please update to the latest version of the camera firmware.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
EXTREMELY difficult to use
Tried to connect to my D5600. Finally, after a few days of trying to figure out this convoluted app, I got it to connect but the photos will not upload unless I do it manually. Even then I’m lucky to get two or three to transfer to my phone. I purchased this camera because of its affordability and the ability to connect to my iPhone. For Pete’s sake, can’t you figure out how to make it a lot more user-friendly?? The idea is perfect. Execution, not so much.
It all of a sudden started working. I don’t even know what I did. It still is very buggy though. Dropping connections all the time. Having to go through connecting the camera and phone repeatedly is VERY annoying since it is not a clear cut method. LOVE the camera. The app functionality will be so much better if you could fine tune it. I’m upgrading my review to three stars. It’ll be five stars when and if this app gets the proper attention it needs.
It is now working. Photos now transfer automatically.
Doesn't work with the flagship Nikon D850 or anything else
Really, Nikon? WMU works with the low end amateur cameras. Consistently. But this abysmal failure doesn't work at all. Why is it that Sony can consistently deliver connectivity, but Nikon can't offer a reasonable solution for their top of the line camera, or any other (I also have the D7500) body. It sometimes worked with version 1 of your software, requiring forgetting/deleting profile EVERY time, then signing up again each time to transfer 1-2 images. REALLY?!? What 75-year-old, out-of-touch engineer thinks this is a workable solution for a modern professional who is charged with social media duties? Now version 2 of this software just hangs and won't connect at all. Calling Nikon tech support doesn't lead to any solutions. As an NPS member, I'm embarrassed by this incredible blunder and complete failure. Wait for version 3 and don't buy a Nikon body until they can fix this, something that every other company can do.
EDIT: With the latest update, snap bridge actually works the way it is supposed to. I have to completely change my review, as it actually works as promised, making the D850 the perfect camera for professionals! Took them a year, but someone is listening!
Does Not Work
I purchased a D5600 for myself for Christmas, as a friend of mine owns and loves this camera. I had also read that Nikon had fixed the SnapBridge app. I spent hours trying to get it to work to no avail. First, the camera and phone would not sync. Eventually I got the devices to sync but this appears to be a fluke, since I did not do anything different. Next, the app would not automatically upload any photos; rather, I had to manually select them. Finally, there are problems with the WiFi/Bluetooth function...my camera automatically turns one off the moment I turn the other one on. When I finally got the required WiFi to work, it turned off every time I received a text message or opened any other app on my phone (even though SnapBridge was still running). My friend, who owns a Samsung phone, tried to help me, but she confirmed I had done everything right and that while the app worked on her phone, it did not work on mine. On a whim, I decided to read some reviews of the app, and it appears that some other reviewers have had the same exact problems. A few mentioned that they had iPhones and were using the latest software. I am also using an iPhone with the latest update, so I wonder if it is a software compatibility issue. Please create an update so this app works on iPhones! I’m so disappointed that I can’t use my new camera and I’m sure others feel the same!
- NIKON CORPORATION
- 138.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Nikon Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.