Snapchat is a fast and fun way to share the moment with your friends and family
• Snapchat opens right to the Camera — just tap to take a photo, or press and hold for video.
• Express yourself with Lenses, Filters, Bitmoji and more!
• Try out new Lenses daily created by the Snapchat community!
• Stay in touch with friends through live messaging, or share your day with Group Stories.
• Video Chat with up to 16 friends at once — you can even use Lenses and Filters when chatting!
• Express yourself with Friendmojis — exclusive Bitmoji made just for you and a friend.
• Watch friends' Stories to see their day unfold.
• See Stories from the Snapchat community that are based on your interests.
• Discover breaking news and exclusive Original Shows.
• Spotlight showcases the best of Snapchat!
• Submit your own Snaps or sit back, relax, and watch.
• Pick your favorites and share them with friends.
• Share your location with your best friends or go off the grid with Ghost Mode.
• See what your friends are up to on your most personal map when they share their location with you.
• Explore live Stories from the community nearby or across the world!
• Save unlimited photos and videos of all your favorite moments.
• Edit and send old moments to friends or save them to your Camera Roll.
• Create Stories from your favorite Memories to share with friends and family.
• Every friendship has its own special profile to see the moments you’ve saved together.
• Discover new things you have in common with Charms — see how long you’ve been friends, your astrological compatibility, your Bitmoji fashion sense, and more!
• Friendship Profiles are just between you and a friend, so you can bond over what makes your friendship special.
• • •
Please note: Snapchatters can always capture or save your messages by taking a screenshot, using a camera, or otherwise. Be mindful of what you Snap!
For a full description of our privacy practices, please see our Privacy Center.
Ratings and Reviews
From its humble origin as a fun way to send self-erasing photo messages, Snapchat has grown into one of our favorite social media apps. And not just for the hilarious face filters and cool geographical photo tags. It’s become one of the best ways to share memories, maintain friendships, and stay up to date on news and views from our go-to websites.
I’ve had Snapchat for several years now, and it’s always been one of (if not my favorite) social media platform. It’s easy and fun to use, and it’s a great way to keep in contact with friends. All the filters make for some great selfie-taking, and you really get a personalized experience, which I love. The only thing I wish was different is that there is no dark mode. I have an iPhone, and Apple has been super receptive to feedback when it came to allowing a dark mode for phones. It’s really an awesome feature, since even on the lowest brightness you could burn out your corneas with the pure white screens of the App Store, iMessage, iTunes, and more. Thankfully, those are all in dark mode now, which is great in the middle of the night as well as in broad daylight. I really wish Snapchat would look into making a dark mode for their users as well, since lots of people (myself included) really prefer dark mode. There’s something about the look of it that I love, and an added bonus is that I don’t go blind at nighttime. I wish I could say the same for snap. Snapchat, please consider a dark mode for your users. I don’t think I’m the only person that would like to have it.
Needs to be fixed MAJOR PROBLEM
So recently my Snapchat account got temporarily locked So I waited several hours to sign back in but when I did so it let me in Snapchat but only for about 10 seconds. Before I could even allow Snapchat to access the camera it had already locked me out of my account for the second time. So I made a new account to use and as soon as I did it got locked as well as the other one. They both got locked within 30 seconds of me logging in, So I waited several hours once again and this time I deleted Snapchat and re-downloaded it to see if anything different would happen and still the same thing happened. it locked me out of my new account that I just created. After another 12 hours I logged into my snap but I did it from a different phone and this time it didn’t lock my account so I thought it was fixed and I went to sign in on my phone and locked me right back out.
Throughout the years Snapchat has been the best social media texting app I’ve ever used. If I’m ever taking a picture I go straight to Snapchat the quality is amazing when u have a iPhone and it’s easier to edit the way u want it to be edited. This is definitely a app ide recommend but this needs to be fixed I can’t sign in to any kind of Snapchat account on my phone it won’t even let me make a new one to use
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Snap, Inc.
- 243.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Snap Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Geofilter $5.99
- Geofilter $7.99
- Geofilter $8.99
- Geofilter $6.99
- Geofilter $9.99
- Snap Token Pack - 80 $0.99
- Geofilter $10.99
- Geofilter $11.99
- Geofilter $12.99
- Geofilter $13.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.