Snapchat is the most fun way to share the moment!
•Snapchat opens right to the camera, so you can send a Snap in seconds! Just take a photo or video, add a caption, and send it to your best friends and family. Express yourself with Filters, Lenses, Bitmojis, and all kinds of fun effects.
• Capturing and sending photos and videos is easy! Tap to take a photo, or press and hold for video.
• New selfie Lenses and Filters are added every day. Change the way you look, dance with your 3D Bitmoji, and even play games with your face!
• Create your own Filters to add to photos and videos — or try out Lenses made by our community!
• Stay in touch with friends and groups with live messaging and Group Stories.
• Video Chat with up to 16 friends at once. You can even use Filters and Lenses!
• Express yourself with Friendmojis — exclusive Bitmojis made just for you and a friend.
• Watch friends' Stories to see their day unfold.
• Watch Stories from the Snapchat community, based on your interests.
• Explore new perspectives from top creators.
• Watch breaking news and exclusive Original Shows.
• Keep up to date with Stories from top publishers.
• Enjoy a curated feed — made to fit your phone.
• See where your friends are hanging out, if they’ve shared their location with you.
• Share your location with your best friends, or go off the grid with Ghost Mode.
• Watch live Stories from the community nearby, or across the world!
• Look back on Snaps you’ve saved with free cloud storage.
• Edit and send old moments to friends, or save them to your Camera Roll.
• Create Stories from your favorite memories to share with friends and family.
• Every friendship has its own special profile to see the moments you’ve saved together.
• Discover new things you have in common with Charms. See how long you’ve been friends, your astrological compatibility, and more!
• Friendship Profiles are just between you and a friend, so you can bond over what makes your friendship special.
• • •
Please note: Snapchatters can always capture or save your messages by taking a screenshot, using a camera, or otherwise. Be mindful of what you Snap!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
From its humble origin as a fun way to send self-erasing photo messages, Snapchat has grown into one of our favorite social media apps. And not just for the hilarious face filters and cool geographical photo tags. It’s become one of the best ways to share memories, maintain friendships, and stay up to date on news and views from our go-to websites.
Great most of the time
This is my go to app for my pictures and my best way to communicate with my friends but lately I’ve been having an issue with typing not responding quickly and some snaps sent from my friends that I can’t open. The app has been great all the years I’ve been using it this problem has just arisen a week ago. I also suggest that they have a better way to contact Team Snapchat because I’ve been trying to figure out a way to get someone to help me open the Snapchats I receive from friends that for some reason only appear as a short video of a black screen that once you tap won’t go away. It messes up my notifications of Snapchats and I can’t see when someone sends me a snap now because that notification from a week ago lingers there over their name constantly. Perhaps the options for when you need help with something could be less generic and there could be a way to actually write a paragraph describing your problem because I haven’t seen something that fits my situation. My Snapchat also refuses to update to the newest version no matter how many times I press update in the AppStore. Like I said great app it has been for years it’s just some problems that have been arising recently but would 100% recommend to others as none of my other friends seem to have this problem just me.
I’m sorry to say it, but something is definitely wrong with Snapchat. In all my years of using the app, I have never been this disappointed. Although Snapchat is my main social app on my phone, it has been really bugging me. For example, it has been taking up to 5 minutes to send a chat everytime I try to send something. Before I am told my phone is slow, let me reassure you this is not only a problem for me but for my peers as well. Also, I have been receiving Snapchat’s from WEEKS ago, leaving the other person to conclude I have been ignoring them. When it is taking 4 weeks for a singular snap to come through, there is an obvious problem with the app. Likewise, my peers and I have noticed that when somebody responds to me, it’s very slow and won’t load or I don’t get it at all. Just the other day I received a snap, and when I asked about it I learned it had said I left them on opened whereas for me it said I had been left on delivered. The amount of time I have wasted trying to solve this problem along with the taking 5 minutes to send one thing problem, I could have been doing other things, so I have been veering off the app. Unfortunately, I do not think this app will be worth it, especially if it keeps traveling downhill at this rate. Maybe, if we weren’t so worried about how the app looks we could worry about how it has been working. My peers and I have tried deleting the app, updating, but nothing seems to work.
- Snap, Inc.
- 206.8 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (8th generation), iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Snap Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Geofilter $5.99
- Geofilter $7.99
- Geofilter $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.