Snapchat is the most fun way to share the moment!
Take a Snap, add a caption or fun effects, then send it to your best friends.
• Snapchat opens right to the camera so you can share the moment in seconds.
• New selfie Lenses and Filters are added every day. Change the way you look, dance with your 3D Bitmoji, and even play games with your face!
• Stay in touch with friends and groups with live messaging and Group Stories.
• Video chat with up to 16 friends at once. You can even use Filters and Lenses!
• Follow your friends and watch their daily Story.
• Watch breaking news, original Shows, and community Stories — made just for your phone.
• See where your friends are hanging out, if they’ve shared their location with you.
• Watch live Stories from the community nearby, or across the world!
• Look back on Snaps you’ve saved with free cloud storage.
• Create Stories from your favorite memories to share with friends and family.
• Every friendship has its own special profile to see the moments you’ve saved together.
• Discover new things you have in common with Charms. See how long you’ve been friends, your astrological compatibility, and more!
• • •
Please note: Snapchatters can always capture or save your messages by taking a screenshot, using a camera, or otherwise. Be mindful of what you Snap!
* Refreshed ghost icon
Ratings and Reviews
I have used Snapchat for a long time. It used to just be filters but I found out I could save them so I did. This is a great app and it’s super fun and time consuming (in a good way). The only thing is, most people don’t want to update this app because of the new thick black line around the ghost. It seems very irrelevant and unneeded. It makes the logo look unprofessional and not worked on hard enough. This line just seems so out of the ordinary, it looks like someone hacked into Snapchat and added the line! The ghost now looks less iconic and more like a knockoff app.
Also, why is everything so inaccessible? I tried to get my grandma set up on this app and she couldn’t go a day without accidentally skipping a story. This app is so hard to even work with, considering everything is lost once you’ve closed it. It’s just annoying when your finger slips and you loose your video/message! Can you please make an option that makes it easier for the elderly to access Snapchat? My grandma is very sad that she could be like the “young people” these days on this app.
On the bright side, you can share things with your friends and use fun filters. You can put text on your videos and photos. You can also add stickers to your media. Thanks for reading this review. It means a lot to me. Also, Snapchat, if you could take one of my recommendations or at least respond so that I know you are taking my review into account, that would be greatly appreciated.
Just a few bugs
I love Snapchat it’s pretty much the only app I use and I use it all the time everyday but since the update there has been a few bugs
1. It’s like not counting that I watched stories? Like I watch them but instead of going to the back of the line saying that I watched them and then just kinda disappearing when I text them cause I’ve already watched their story it doesn’t do that and like thinks I’ve watched the story already so like she I got to the story page the same people at in the front of the line and I keep thinking they posted something new but they didn’t it’s just their entire story again and Snapchat like doesn’t think I’ve watched it already and it won’t go away
2. When you text people in the chat it like glitches kind of and the keyboard like cover almost the whole screen so you can’t see what they said and you also can’t see what you’re typing like the keyboard just pops up larger and covers the whole thing and you have to swipe in and out of the chat multiple times go get the keyboard to be normal. Those are the only things I really notice right now that are kind of bugging me and a little annoying but otherwise I love Snapchat keep up the good work!!
A New Update that Caused a Virus on my Phone
As of August 20,2019 Snapchat had a another update and I thought maybe it would make a few improvements. Turns out I was wrong because that day on Wednesday morning I woke up and opened up my Snapchat to church my 66 total streaks that I had. When I got on Snap I had saw 2 of my streaks were dead than snap crashed. I opened snap up repeatedly but it kept crashing. So than I restarted the app, my phone, and deleted unnecessary apps from my phone but nothing had changed anytime I opened my phone. I even took the liberty to delete the app and re-download it but the result was the same when I logged in to the app it kept crashing. I went to my phone provider Network store to see if I was doing something wrong preventing me to get on snap but the store associate told me the app may have put a virus or a bug on my phone 😡. I have used SC for 3 years and this situation has never occurred on my phone but now it has came to a point that Snapchat gives horrible updates. All of the old features was decent and it was fun but it will be great if they keep some of the new features that they added a while back and bring back the old features which would make Snapchat way better but I guess. The only thing that I know is I can not open Snapchat without it crashing over and over ever since the last update. No other apps on my phone acts like this besides Snapchat 🤷🏽♂️
- Snap, Inc.
- 290.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Snap Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Geofilter $5.99
- Geofilter $7.99
- Geofilter $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.