Snapchat is a fast and fun way to share the moment with your friends and family
• Snapchat opens right to the Camera — just tap to take a photo, or press and hold for video.
• Express yourself with Lenses, Filters, Bitmoji and more!
• Try out new Lenses daily created by the Snapchat community!
• Stay in touch with friends through live messaging, or share your day with Group Stories.
• Video Chat with up to 16 friends at once — you can even use Lenses and Filters when chatting!
• Express yourself with Friendmojis — exclusive Bitmoji made just for you and a friend.
• Watch friends' Stories to see their day unfold.
• See Stories from the Snapchat community that are based on your interests.
• Discover breaking news and exclusive Original Shows.
• Spotlight showcases the best of Snapchat!
• Submit your own Snaps or sit back, relax, and watch.
• Pick your favorites and share them with friends.
• Share your location with your best friends or go off the grid with Ghost Mode.
• See what your friends are up to on your most personal map when they share their location with you.
• Explore live Stories from the community nearby or across the world!
• Save unlimited photos and videos of all your favorite moments.
• Edit and send old moments to friends or save them to your Camera Roll.
• Create Stories from your favorite Memories to share with friends and family.
• Every friendship has its own special profile to see the moments you’ve saved together.
• Discover new things you have in common with Charms — see how long you’ve been friends, your astrological compatibility, your Bitmoji fashion sense, and more!
• Friendship Profiles are just between you and a friend, so you can bond over what makes your friendship special.
• • •
Please note: Snapchatters can always capture or save your messages by taking a screenshot, using a camera, or otherwise. Be mindful of what you Snap!
For a full description of our privacy practices, please see our Privacy Center.
Ratings and Reviews
From its humble origin as a fun way to send self-erasing photo messages, Snapchat has grown into one of our favorite social media apps. And not just for the hilarious face filters and cool geographical photo tags. It’s become one of the best ways to share memories, maintain friendships, and stay up to date on news and views from our go-to websites.
Regarding the app
I’ve used snapchat for about four years now. I’ve always had it no matter the phone change or new social media apps. Although it’s one of my favorite apps lately it’s been acting up a lot. It’s been giving me trouble showing me texts from my friends. When I go into text them( I only keep the conversation who I’m bffs with) it shows a response to a story I had posted weeks ago or a text from them from before. I’ve logged out and logged back in and it did nothing. I’ve also contacted the support people and sent them my information like they asked but after a few months now it’s still doing it. Today I had an even bigger problem. The app wouldn’t open for me and it would show it opening then going transparent then showing the camera again and then finally closing. I tried restarting my phone and that didn’t work. I tried opening it again and again and sometimes it wouldn’t even do the weird opening animation. I then chose to delete the app and download it again but now it won’t let me log in. It says that I need to check my connection even though my connection is perfectly fine. After restarting my phone again and even turning on and off my cellular data it still said it. I really hope this issue can be fixed seeing as the app has been out for years now. I would really appreciate a response or a new update with better bug fixes.
Ad Glitch and Suggestions
So, I started back in March 2019, but got a new phone that December and made a new account. I went a few months without any problems, but then one day ads just stopped playing. Even in games when prompted for an ad, it would give me a pop-up instead. I was happy, I could watch stories and play games uninterrupted. But today they came back. At first I was excited because the glitch was resolved, but there are a lot of ads, a lot more than I remembered. I doubt the developers will even read this, but if they do, I have a few suggestions about the glitch and about other things. Starting with the glitch, I recommend an option to pay to have no ads, even when prompted, or no ads unless prompted, or simply post less ads. I do have a suggestion on filters. First, when you open up the filters, the first filters there should be your 5 most used favorites, so users don’t have to scroll through their filters to find them, and then the rest will be random and refresh daily. I take a photo with a filter once and it never goes away. Finally, I have a suggestion on the Spotlight page. There should be a way to “follow” people’s spotlight pages so you can keep track of what they post, and possibly even be notified of it. Second, there should be a comment section, it’s fun to interact with others in comments about the thing you’re watching. That’s all, that’s my entire review. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Snap, Inc.
- 260.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Snap Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Geofilter $5.99
- Geofilter $7.99
- Geofilter $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.