Snapchat is a fast and fun way to share the moment with your friends and family
• Snapchat opens right to the Camera — just tap to take a photo, or press and hold for video.
• Express yourself with Lenses, Filters, Bitmoji and more!
• Try out new Lenses daily created by the Snapchat community!
• Stay in touch with friends through live messaging, or share your day with Group Stories.
• Video Chat with up to 16 friends at once — you can even use Lenses and Filters when chatting!
• Express yourself with Friendmojis — exclusive Bitmoji made just for you and a friend.
• Watch friends' Stories to see their day unfold.
• See Stories from the Snapchat community that are based on your interests.
• Discover breaking news and exclusive Original Shows.
• Spotlight showcases the best of Snapchat!
• Submit your own Snaps or sit back, relax, and watch.
• Pick your favorites and share them with friends.
• Share your location with your best friends or go off the grid with Ghost Mode.
• See what your friends are up to on your most personal map when they share their location with you.
• Explore live Stories from the community nearby or across the world!
• Save unlimited photos and videos of all your favorite moments.
• Edit and send old moments to friends or save them to your Camera Roll.
• Create Stories from your favorite Memories to share with friends and family.
• Every friendship has its own special profile to see the moments you’ve saved together.
• Discover new things you have in common with Charms — see how long you’ve been friends, your astrological compatibility, your Bitmoji fashion sense, and more!
• Friendship Profiles are just between you and a friend, so you can bond over what makes your friendship special.
• • •
Please note: Snapchatters can always capture or save your messages by taking a screenshot, using a camera, or otherwise. Be mindful of what you Snap!
For a full description of our privacy practices, please see our Privacy Center.
Ratings and Reviews
From its humble origin as a fun way to send self-erasing photo messages, Snapchat has grown into one of our favorite social media apps. And not just for the hilarious face filters and cool geographical photo tags. It’s become one of the best ways to share memories, maintain friendships, and stay up to date on news and views from our go-to websites.
Snapchat Needs improvement
I was really impressed with Snapchat back in the day, in that it enabled photo messaging and added filters to help with those of us who may have a bad skin day, keep our blemishes hidden by a smoother so when we send our friends a snap it doesn’t show our embarrassing acne spot to our possible crush, etc. The new updates to Snapchat are disastrous. First; I can not clear an entire conversation column and have to go one by one through the messages to clear them. Also you can’t look up your friends; how is anyone supposed to organize their friends list if we can’t even see who’s our friend without searching them? If you have 20 or so friends you are basically spending 2 minutes of your time trying to clear your snap window. Second; the stories; filled with biased propaganda and absolute garbage. I enjoy subscribing to some of the channels but the fact that most of these channels feature some of the most controversial topics and are completely one sided is unfortunate. I would like to see more middle liner content, and keep politics out of the playground unless your going to equalize and allow those who may not swing to the left side of the scale, be able to enjoy the features as well. Please read and consider Snapchat
No Help When Needed
My snapchat got hacked about a month ago, which i know isn’t entirely their fault. But i went through every step they told me too do and they still haven’t helped!! They keep saying my email isn’t the one associated with the account, which makes no sense because the only reason i knew someone was trying to hack me is because i got an email about it FROM SNAPCHAT! They have no customer service phone number so everytime i try to reach out i get the EXACT SAME MESSAGE. Even though i write in the help box that i keep getting the same message and keep asking them to contact me in a different way for more help and i repeatedly get told the same thing. So my private photos on snapchat are now being viewed by someone i don’t know and there is nothing i can do about it i can’t even deactivate the account. Very unpleased with the company. So many privacy issues and customer service issues that need fixed. I can prove that it’s my snapchat by just the phone number connected and the fact that I can’t even make a new account until I confirm that i want all the pictures saved to be deleted. I want to take legal action just because someone could steal my photos, phone number, email address! They can talk to people without me knowing and give my personal information all because this hasn’t been handled properly. If I could give them zero stars I would. BE SUPER CAREFUL DOWNLOADING THIS APP OR YOUR PRIVACY WILL BE BREACHED.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Snap, Inc.
- 239.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Snap Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Geofilter $5.99
- Geofilter $7.99
- Geofilter $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.