SnipNotes is your clever notebook on the iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch. Capture new ideas with Siri, dictate your thoughts and create rich text notes with images. Quickly add content from other apps with Drag & Drop or save your clipboard automatically. Access your notes from anywhere with the versatile home screen widgets. Keep your notes safe with a passcode and Touch ID / Face ID protection.
-- Create Notes Your Own Way --
• Create rich text notes with images and a variety of formatting options
• Dictate notes in the app, with Siri, and on your Apple Watch
• Save content from websites and other apps with Drag & Drop or the share sheet
• Capture the contents of your clipboard automatically in split-screen on iPad or when launching the app
• Save your current location at any time. For example, the parking lot of your car
-- Quick Access From Anywhere --
• Read, search and create notes on your Apple Watch
• A wide selection of widgets let you view and open your notes right from the home screen
• Siri can open notes, read notes and show images to you
• Access your notes offline on all devices (including Apple Watch)
-- Note Actions Will Save You Time --
• SnipNotes can automatically recognize the contents of your note and provide relevant information, e.g. show addresses on a map
• Each content type is linked to a set of useful actions: For example, you can create a calendar event from a date, navigate to an address with Apple Maps or Google Maps and open internet links in a browser of your choice
• Swipe left or right on a note to access these actions and more: Export a note into another app, copy it into your clipboard, pin the note to the top of your list and much more
-- Always Keep Track Of Your Notes --
• SnipNotes provides an inbox and an archive for your notes. You can organize notes in your own categories as well
• The flexible search feature will highlight all matching text. You can also search your notes right from the home screen and with Siri
• Select multiple notes and move them into another category, merge, export or delete them in one go
• Open multiple notes on iPad at the same time and use SnipNotes side-by-side with another app
• Protect your notes with a passcode and Touch ID / Face ID
-- SnipNotes Matches Your Taste --
• Notes can be customized with a variety of formatting options (checkboxes, lists, colors, headlines and much more)
• Design your notes with a big selection of glyphs for easy recognition
• SnipNotes offers ten different color schemes and a dark mode
• Many parts of SnipNotes can be customized to suit your work style
SnipNotes is a note-taking app without subscriptions nor ads. You can use SnipNotes permanently for free. Advanced features like iCloud synchronization are available as a one-time purchase.
Notes are synchronized to your private iCloud account. SnipNotes protects your privacy and does not collect any analytics data.
You can find more information about SnipNotes on www.snipnotes.de. If you encounter any issues or have questions, please get in touch with me. I reply personally to every email (email@example.com). You can also reach me on Twitter (@SnipNotesApp).
This update contains the following improvements:
- You can select a category for your notes in the shortcuts widget
- The note widget can now display titles and headlines
- The typing speed has been improved
These issues have been resolved:
- The editing of notes was interrupted in the "All Notes" view
- Resolved a layout issue when configuring the note widget
- The "What's New" dialog was not visible on launch for some users
If you encounter any problems with this update or have feedback, please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also consider a rating or a review on the App Store. Thank you!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Glad I found it
I stumbled across SnipNotes in the App Store and am glad I took a chance on it. The app has worked smoothly with no crashes or bugs. My (very minor) issues with it are more because of how I would like it to work for me personally. It is fast and has not crashed on me once.
There are plenty of things to like. The cross-device syncing works flawlessly - between iOS devices, I have not tried the Mac app. There are URL scheme options available. You can change the appearance via the option to change the app’s color theme.
One of the main attractions is the feature to customize actions for each type of content that can be saved to SnipNotes. Which is almost anything.
A couple things have bugged me. Sometimes the app will incorrectly identify what type of note you have created. Just because a date is in the text doesn’t mean the note should be categorized as an appointment. Although you can manually change the note type to plain text. Also, I wish exporting notes was a little more consistent. For example, if I export a note to Evernote please match the title and body from SnipNotes to the new Evernote item. SnipNotes ignores the title and only sends the body of the text.
EDIT: Thanks for the update. I had no idea that the two Evernote actions would behave differently.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your review! The export functionality will be improved in the next update so that it prepends the note's body text with its title. Evernote automatically sets the first line of an imported note as the title. You can also enable and use the "Send to Evernote" action (Settings => Configure Actions), which already sets the title field correctly.
Just kerps getting better
I've been using this for some time now, and have asked the dev various useability questions that are answered quickly, and often if they are not part of the app, he adds them as new features.
At this point Snipnotes is my default note-taking app, which is used frequently daily. With the lastest updates, I am able to write draft blog posts that often include Wordpress shortcodes, and publish directly via the iPad Wordpress app. It's all very clean and distraction-free. If you use WP (either the app or from a browser) you'll know how cluttered the WP editor interface can be on an iPad. Snipnotes eliminates that, plus I can organize my collection of notes, whether blog posts or of other categories, quite easily.
One of my all-time favorite apps
I love SnipNotes and use it on all my devices: iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple watch. Anything I need to capture (thoughts, web page URLs, phone numbers, addresses, etc.) goes into the SnipNotes inbox until I have time to act on it -- the badged icon is a great reminder -- and it’s immediately available everywhere. Notes with an address automatically get an embedded map and any note can be sent as a text message or an email with one click. Excellent Siri integration and the Apple Watch app is one of the best out there: You can quickly create and search for notes with dictation or save your current location. The developer is constantly making enhancements and provides great support.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Felix Lisczyk
- 57.7 MB
Requires iOS 14.0 and watchOS 6.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2020 Felix Lisczyk
- In-App Purchases
- 7-day Trial
- Unlock Full Version $5.99
- Small Tip $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.