SnipNotes is a clever notebook on all your devices. Capture new ideas with Siri and quickly add new content with Drag & Drop. Synchronize notes between your iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch. SnipNotes saves you time with its intelligent actions: Create new calendar events from within your notes, navigate to an address or call phone numbers. Stay organized with your own categories and flexible search functionality.
-- Create Notes Your Own Way --
• Dictate notes in the app, with Siri and on your Apple Watch
• Save content from websites and other apps with the share sheet
• Insert images into your notes from the photo library or with Drag & Drop on iPad
• Save your current location at any time, e.g. the parking lot of your car
• Capture the contents of your clipboard
-- Quick Access From Anywhere --
• Read notes on your wrist with the Apple Watch app
• Use SnipNotes right from the home screen or any other app with the widget: Copy notes into your clipboard, quickly create new notes and use intelligent actions
• Siri can open notes, read notes and show images to you
• Use your notes even offline on all your devices
-- Intelligent Action Will Save You Time --
• SnipNotes will automatically recognize the contents of your notes and show e.g. addresses on a map
• Each recognized content is linked to an action, which are customizable. For example, you can create a calendar event from a date, navigate to an address with Apple Maps or Google Maps and open internet links in a browser of your choice
-- Always Keep Track Of Your Notes --
• SnipNotes provides an inbox and an archive for your notes. In addition, you can create as many custom categories as you like
• The flexible search will highlight results. You can also search your notes right from the home screen and with Siri
• Select multiple notes and move them into another category, merge, export or delete them in one go
• Open multiple notes on iPad at the same time (requires iPadOS 13) and use SnipNotes side-by-side with another app
• Protect your notes with a passcode and Touch ID / Face ID
-- SnipNotes Matches Your Taste --
• Notes can be customized with a variety of formatting options (lists, colors, headlines and much more)
• Design your notes with a big selection of glyphs for easy recognition
• SnipNotes offers ten different color schemes and a dark mode
SnipNotes is a note-taking app without subscriptions nor ads. You can try the app free of charge for 7 days.
Notes are synchronized to your private iCloud account. SnipNotes protects your privacy and does not collect any analytics data.
You can find more information about SnipNotes on www.snipnotes.de. If you have any questions or issues, I would be happy to help you via email (email@example.com) or on Twitter (@SnipNotesApp).
You can now open notes right from the widget: Tap on a note and select "Open".
This update also resolves the following issues:
- Multiple UI elements in the widget and the share sheet were truncated on iOS 13
- Notes with text and images rendered unnecessary line breaks on Apple Watch
- The filter selection screen was truncated when a large font size is selected in system settings
- Notes will no longer overlay the Face ID module when SnipNotes is in landscape orientation
If you encounter any issues with this update or have feedback, please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also consider a rating or a review on the App Store. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
Glad I found it
I stumbled across SnipNotes in the App Store and am glad I took a chance on it. The app has worked smoothly with no crashes or bugs. My (very minor) issues with it are more because of how I would like it to work for me personally. It is fast and has not crashed on me once.
There are plenty of things to like. The cross-device syncing works flawlessly - between iOS devices, I have not tried the Mac app. There are URL scheme options available. You can change the appearance via the option to change the app’s color theme.
One of the main attractions is the feature to customize actions for each type of content that can be saved to SnipNotes. Which is almost anything.
A couple things have bugged me. Sometimes the app will incorrectly identify what type of note you have created. Just because a date is in the text doesn’t mean the note should be categorized as an appointment. Although you can manually change the note type to plain text. Also, I wish exporting notes was a little more consistent. For example, if I export a note to Evernote please match the title and body from SnipNotes to the new Evernote item. SnipNotes ignores the title and only sends the body of the text.
EDIT: Thanks for the update. I had no idea that the two Evernote actions would behave differently.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your review! The export functionality will be improved in the next update so that it prepends the note's body text with its title. Evernote automatically sets the first line of an imported note as the title. You can also enable and use the "Send to Evernote" action (Settings => Configure Actions), which already sets the title field correctly.
One of my all-time favorite apps
I love SnipNotes and use it on all my devices: iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple watch. Anything I need to capture (thoughts, web page URLs, phone numbers, addresses, etc.) goes into the SnipNotes inbox until I have time to act on it -- the badged icon is a great reminder -- and it’s immediately available everywhere. Notes with an address automatically get an embedded map and any note can be sent as a text message or an email with one click. Excellent Siri integration and the Apple Watch app is one of the best out there: You can quickly create and search for notes with dictation or save your current location. The developer is constantly making enhancements and provides great support.
Almost Perfect, Simple And To The Point
Does notes well. Came from Buno, looks like the devs have forgotten about their server, and this app is much better. Same core concept-simplicity and focus on minimal, high-value features. Easy to get notes in, good organization (folders metaphor) solid and UI/UX in general. Could do away with the Content Types feature as it misses the mark completely in notes with multiple type-triggers, but thankfully you can disable on a note by note basis. Too bad you can’t just switch if off. I’m not dinging a star for all this however, just nits for a very solid app. Kudos
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! I plan to revamp the content detection feature in an upcoming update to make it more useful and less intrusive.
- Felix Lisczyk
- 57.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2019 Felix Lisczyk
- In-App Purchases
- 7-day Trial
- Unlock Full Version $4.99
- Small Tip $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.